About this program
Business and Management (Tourism Management) With Integrated Foundation Year BA (Hons)
Business and Management (Tourism Management) course will give you a good grounding in the theory and practice of business in the context of contemporary tourism.
Well help you develop as a person to achieve your potential through teaching you about tourism management and how it works. You'll graduate with potential for employment in different businesses; this could be an organisation, the private or public sector, a charity or possibly your own business. We aim to give you the skills to apply your knowledge in a wide range of situations in any sector.
Following our tourism management course, You'll develop specialist skills. You'll learn to:
- Evaluate different approaches to destination management
- Understand contemporary conceptualisations of social change as they relate to tourism
- Demonstrate your knowledge of a range of emerging tourism forms.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Year zero (Integrated Foundation Year) modules
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Planning your Career in Business
- Communication for Professionals
- Introduction to Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Academic Study Skills
- Basic Statistics and ICT.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- The Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- Economics and Globalisation
- Managing Data
- Design Thinking for Enterprise
- Professional Practice.
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Creativity for Business
- Innovation Management
- Tourism Management in Practice
- Destination Management
- International Business
- Festival and Events Management.
Year three (Level 6) modules
- TourismManagement Project
- Enterprise: Creating your Business
- Organisational Strategy
- Managing Sustainability
- Tourism Contemporary Issues.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees.
Program Intended Learning Outcomes
- The Business Environment: to critically analyse the interrelated nature of the global forces (economic, social, ethical, political, ecological, technological and regulatory) that shape contemporary organisations.
- Organisations: to systematically and critically review how organisations work; the design and development of organisations including cross cultural issues, change, diversity and values and how it feels to manage in different sectors.
- Strategy: to evaluate how business policy and strategy impacts on the development of appropriate change management, stakeholder interest, continuity planning and objective setting.
- Innovation and Enterprise: to apply business innovation and enterprise development models, to use concept assessment tools and to assess intellectual property regulations.
- Finance: to identify appropriate sources, uses and management of finance and the use of accounting and other information systems for planning and control and the use of this information for decision making and managing financial risk.
Message the school
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Business and Management (Tourism Management) With Integrated Foundation Year BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!