MA Tourism, Hospitality and Event ManagementBerlin School of Business & Innovation
About this program
MA Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management
Study the MA in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at BSBI, delivered in partnership with University for the Creative Arts, a TEF Gold Standard institution. For a limited time, you can save 10% on your fees when you apply before 31 August 2021! Terms and conditions apply*.
Why enrol on this programme
Throughout this industry-focused MA, you’ll develop your knowledge of the tourism and event management industry and acquire the practical skills needed to help it adapt during the current climate. You’ll study modules including: Cross Cultural Management, Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Events as well as Strategic Approach in Marketing Planning for Hospitality. Classes are taught by expert lecturers, all of whom have extensive experience in their academic fields, meaning you’ll gain the knowledge you need to thrive in tourism and event management. By the time you graduate you’ll be prepared to take on some of the most competitive roles in the industry.
Student Satisfaction Survey 2020 revealed that:
- 87% of students are satisfied with their experience at BSBI - Source: BSBI March 2020 StudentSurvey
- 88% of students feel their ideas are valued in their course - Source: BSBI March 2020 StudentSurvey
Adding value to your degree with a professional short course certificate.
In addition to your programme modules, BSBI offers Professional Certificate courses that are designed to help you develop your career path and succeed in your industry of choice. You will have the option to choose from:
- Data Analytics: this course enables business managers to integrate data-driven decisions and develop the thorough theoretical background required to succeed in this field.
- Digital Marketing and Social Media: you will gain indispensable skills in social media and digital marketing so you can stay ahead of the competition.
- Financial and Business Modelling: this course can help you make advanced level decisions that enhance the value of your organisation.
- Project Management: this programme teaches you leadership skills and how to effectively address constraints including scope, time and budget.
- Character Development - Leadership and Strategy: you will develop skills in innovation and entrepreneurship whilst leading from the front
Why study in Berlin
Alongside your programme, you’ll have the chance to explore Berlin, the home of start-ups, big business and cultural hotspots. Germany also offers a post-study work visa which allows students to remain in the country for up to 18-months after finishing their studies to gain valuable work experience.
*Terms and Conditions:
- Only international students are eligible for this offer.
- Not applicable for European passport holders, they have a separate European fees.
- To secure the offer, a minimum deposit of €2,000 must be paid before the deadline.
- The tuition fee balance must be paid before the start of the programme.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or scholarships.
- Terms and conditions of the Study Agreement are still applicable.
- Students who have already paid a deposit towards Feb, May or Oct 2021 intakes will receive the same discount upon registering on campus.
- Students who have deferred from any 2020 intake will not receive this offer.
Minimum age: 21
Academic qualifications: Strong undergraduate degree from a recognised university. If you do not meet the academic requirements, you may be assessed on relevant work experience. You must have at least 3 years of management experience.
English language requirements:
- IELTS – minimum OS 6.0 (with min 5.5 in each component) or equivalent test (i.e. Password Test, PTE, TOEFL IBT)
- Applicants who achieved a bachelor’s degree or above* from a recognised university (according to ECCTIS UK), where the method of instruction was entirely in English (teaching and assessment) must submit a Medium of Instruction Letter
- Canadian nationals who have completed a bachelor’s degree at an English-speaking University must submit a Medium of Instruction Letter
- West African Certificates (WAEC AND NECO only) with a minimum of C6 in English and issued within the last 5 years. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is also accepted with an overall grade C or above. For Tanzania and Cameroon, we request an IELTS (or equivalent certificate)
- Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge AICE certificates
- International Baccalaureate Diploma can be accepted if: English Syllabus A: Standard or Higher Grade 4, or above and English Syllabus B: Standard Grade 5 or Higher Grade 4, or above
- Nationals of a majority English speaking country who have taken their academic qualifications in that country, do not need to sit an English test (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK and USA)
*Above bachelor’s degree can be postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, master’s degree, etc.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Strategy
- Strategic Approach in Marketing Planning for Hospitality (blended)
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Cross-Cultural Management (blended)
- Event Management (Strategic & Contemporary Issues)
- International Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Events
- Business Decision making for Hospitality and Events (blended)
- German Language Studies
- Research Methods and Dissertation
Scholarships & funding
- For a limited time, you can save 10% on your fees! Terms and conditions apply*.
- To learn more about special discounts and offers for international students, please fill in an inquiry form or visit the institute's website.
- International students fee students fee: €12,000
- EU students fee fee: €8,000
Graduates will be able to:
- Show in-depth knowledge of issues related to managing international tourism, hospitality and event businesses
- Develop senior management strategic skills
- Develop original approaches to manage tourism, hospitality and event organisations
- Understand ethical management in tourism, hospitality and event industries
- Develop individual learning, communication, time management and team dynamics skills
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct self-managed research and develop a research methodology
- Demonstrate the ability to identify an issue, critically assess the material and draw logical conclusions and recommendations
After completing the MA in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, you will be able to apply for a range of managerial roles in relevant organisations around the world.
About this institute
Berlin School of Business & Innovation
Berlin School of Business and Innovation (BSBI) has a main campus located in the heart of Berlin and focuses on helping graduates to become exceptional leaders in their chosen field. Further locations provide opportunities for students to study globally, in Hamburg,...
Why study at Berlin School of Business & Innovation
There is no denying that Berlin is an excellent study destination. With its blend of cultural heritage sites and vibrant nightlife, Germany’s capital has become a popular choice for many students around the world, particularly those seeking an affordable education.
Every course is taught in English, enabling you to learn without any language barriers.
BSBI also offers the free Executive Education course which is aimed at those wanting to take up leadership roles in their careers. This will help you stand out from the crowd, particularly in today’s competitive job market. BSBI prides itself on offering an inclusive and multicultural learning environment for students to thrive in.
Berlin School of Business & Innovation
Be the first to write a review!