About this program
Can you turn a hotel stay into an unforgettable experience? Do you combine excellent service, sustainability and profit maximisation? If you want to make a difference, this program is for you!
In hospitality, creating an experience for the guest is all important.
How do you respond to the individualisation of society and how do you deal with an increasingly critical customer? You will learn in our Hotel Management program, also known as Hoge Hotelschool Breda. After your graduation you will be ready to go the extra mile with your professionalism, creativity and innovative ideas.
Chat live with students from BUas
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Breda University of Applied Sciences? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
An equivalent of the Dutch diplomas of higher general secondary education (havo) or pre-university level (vwo) is generally required to enrol on a study program at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results on one of these tests:
- Cambridge C1 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- Cambridge C2 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
If your secondary school diploma is comparable to the Dutch vwo-diploma, you may be eligible for admission into the three-year track.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 - Propaedeutic Phase
The two first year modules are offered on alternating basis.
- Knowing the fundamentals of Hospitality Operations
- Understanding the Hospitality Management Industry
Year 2/3 - Main Phase I
Year 2 consist of a total of 3 modules, the second and the third of which are offered on alternating basis.
- Developing People and Organisations
- Managing Business Performance and Innovation
- Exploring the International Hospitality Industry
Year 3 - Main Phase II
- Creating Excellence in Hospitality Management
Year 4 - Graduation Phase
In the final year, you choose a personalised context in which you will perform your bachelor’s thesis and have the possibility to complete a personalised curriculum component (e.g. a minor, work placement, advisory report, business plan). Under the supervision of a personal coach, you will work on your final thesis, which you will defend at the end of the year.
You will benefit from the intensive 3-year program in two respects: you gain one year in time, and save one year of tuition fees.
- after vwo (pre-university) or after another propaedeutic year (economic program): You will start in year 2 and also receive basic knowledge and skills from the propaedeutic phase.
- taylor-made track for 'havo' graduates: You will start your course of study at De Rooi Pannen (mbo level) and you will proceed at Breda University of Applied Sciences in year 2 of the regular 4-year program.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
n the academic year 2022-2023 the statutory tuition fee for bachelor's programmes is €2,209. First-year's students pay €1,105
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded program in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
In all other cases you pay the institutional tuition fee. In the academic year 2022-2023 the institutional fee for bachelor's programs is €9,950.
After successful completion of the Hotel Management degree program you are entitled to the degree of Bachelor of Arts.
To broaden your horizon and get to know more about possibilities and crossovers you can make with Hotel Management, you can choose a one-year master’s program at Breda University of Applied Sciences after your bachelor’s program in Hotel Management :
- Master in Imagineering (Breda University of Applied Sciences)
- Master in Tourism Destination Management (Breda University of Applied Sciences)
If you want to obtain a more in-depth view, you can choose a master’s program in the field of hospitality management, for example:
- Master in Innovative Hospitality Management (Maastricht)
- Master in Hospitality Management (The Hague)
After completing your graduation assignment, you will be equipped to enter a variety of hospitality-related careers, at home or abroad. Alternatively, you might take up positions at other types of companies; conference venues, holiday resorts, wholesalers to the hotel and catering trade, or consultancy agencies.
As a manager in hospitality, you oversee the operations of an organisation that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Our graduates work across the entire spectrum of the hospitality industry, on positions as Banqueting Manager at a conference centre and Sales and Marketing Manager at the head office of an (international) hotel chain.
After graduating you often start your career in an assistant position and over time, you work your way up to (senior) management positions in the hospitality branch.
Message the school
About this institute
Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is a medium-sized, government-funded higher education institute. More than 7,000 Dutch and international students from some 100 countries are studying at our institute. We offer bachelor’s and master’s programme at professional and academic level in...
Why study at Breda University of Applied Sciences
Studying abroad is a very good experience. You learn about other cultures and gain a greater understanding of the world.
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews.
Good quality of education with a lot of guest lectures and opportunities to use/see the theory in real life. There are more than enough facilities at the university. Furthermore, the building is really beautiful and is giving a warm feeling. The staff gives you a warm feeling and know you by name. Also, The study gives a good combination of theo...
I have studied at Breda University of Applied sciences for a few years now, and I have to say that I am very positive. Buas is a small university with a big community feeling; with this I mean that lecturers know your name and are always willing to help out. Furthermore, there is a lot of communication between students of different years and aca...
Want to know more about Hotel Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.