International Facility ManagementBreda University of Applied Sciences
About this program
International Facility Management
Are you a real go-getter with people and management skills? Would you like to create an environment that is good for customers and employees? Facility Management might be for you!
We spend a large part of our lives in public areas. Think of shopping centers, schools and the companies we work for. A facility manager ensures that the facilities in these spaces meet all requirements so customers feel comfortable and employees productive. As a facility manager you are an inspiring leader and a sparring partner on a strategic level.
Chat live with students from BUas
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Breda University of Applied Sciences? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
An equivalent of the Dutch diplomas of higher general secondary education (havo) or pre-university level (vwo) is generally required to enrol on a study program at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results on one of these tests:
- Cambridge C1 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- Cambridge C2 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 - Propaedeutic phase
The two first year modules are offered on alternating basis.
- Knowing the fundamentals of Facility Operations
- Understanding the Facility Management Industry.
Year 2 & Year 3 - Main Phase I
Year 2 and 3 consist of a total of 3 modules, the second and the third of which are offered on alternating basis.
- Developing People and Organisations
- Managing Business Performance and Innovation
- Exploring the International Facility Industry
Year 3 - Main Phase II
- Creating Excellence in Facility Management
Year 4 - Graduation phase
You choose a personalised context in which you will perform your bachelor's thesis and have the possibility to complete a personalised curriculum component (e.g. a minor, work placement, advisory report, business plan). Under the supervision of a personal coach, you will work on your final thesis, which you will defend at the end of the year.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
In the academic year, 2022-2023 the statutory tuition fee for bachelor's programmes is €2,209. First-year's students pay €1,105
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded program in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
In all other cases you pay the institutional tuition fee. In the academic year, 2022-2023 the institutional fee for bachelor's programs is €9,950.
After successful completion of the International Facility Management degree program you are entitled to the degree of Bachelor of Science.
To broaden your horizon and get to know more about possibilities and crossovers you can make with facility management, you can choose a one-year master’s program at Breda University of Applied Sciences after your bachelor’s program in International Facility Management:
- Master in Imagineering (Breda University of Applied Sciences)
- Master in Media Innovation (Breda University of Applied Sciences)
If you want to obtain a more in-depth view, you can choose a master’s program in the field of Facility Management, for example:
- Master in Facility and Real Estate Management
- Master in Supply Chain Management
- Master in Human Resource Management
- Master in Business Communications
As a facility manager you organise and manage the supporting department of an organisation. You direct the facility department and you are responsible for the possible outsourcing of work (for example catering services). The facility manager holds a key position in the organisation and in an innovatory manner he takes care that all facilities are in order.
Message the school
About this institute
Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is a medium-sized, government-funded higher education institute. More than 7,000 Dutch and international students from some 100 countries are studying at our institute. We offer bachelor’s and master’s programme at professional and academic level in...
Why study at Breda University of Applied Sciences
Studying abroad is a very good experience. You learn about other cultures and gain a greater understanding of the world.
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Breda University of Applied Sciences
Want to know more about International Facility Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Breda University of Applied Sciences is a professional and modern university, offering a wide variety of bachelor and master degree's. The Faculty of Hotel & Facility Management has its own part of the building, which makes interaction with fellow students easy and with lecturers approachable. The way they set up their academic program is effici...