BSc Tourism and CateringBudapest Business School
About this program
BSc Tourism and Catering
The aim of the program is to release qualified professionals in possession of foreign language skills and an understanding of the financial management and organizational characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and, in possession of practical experience, capable of evaluating and analysing the necessary changes and making optimal decisions. They also gain knowledge that will enable them to have a comprehensive view of and manage regional tourism management institutions. Equipped with the acquired knowledge, graduates are able to establish and manage tourism businesses and non-profit organizations.
- High school / secondary education (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Economics, methodology and business basics,
- Social science basics
- Core courses in specialized business administration and management: Sustainable tourism basics; hotel management 1,2,3; tourism marketing; gastronomy basics; Hungary's tourism geography; SMEs in tourism and catering
Scholarships & funding
A full scholarship opportunity is available on the university's website, called Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
Visit the university's website to view all scholarship opportunities!
Study Schedule: Full-time
Form of Financing: Self-funded
For more information, please visit the university's website.
Tuition fee: €2,500 per semester
Credits: 240 ECTS
Graduates of the program know the principles of the functioning of the tourism sector, the domestic and international tourism market and trends and the characteristics, peculiarities and linkages of market participants.
They are capable of planning, organizing, managing and controlling, in full or in part, the activities of tourism and catering businesses.
They are able to develop tourism products innovatively and launch start-up businesses.
They are in possession of human and social skills, cooperation skills and the ability to recognize and effectively deal with problems related to guests through intercultural and multilingual communication, in line with the given type of organization.
They apply IT skills relevant to the specialist field well and are able to cooperate in a project, team and work organization and bring together regional actors effectively.
Graduate students are fit for:
- Performing tasks and filling jobs in certain specialist fields of tourism and catering (businesses, municipalities, National Parks, Tourist Information Offices, airlines, car rental agencies);
- Fulfilling managerial tasks at tourism businesses (hotels, boarding houses, restaurants, event organization businesses, travel agencies);
- Creating attractive and experiential offers for local, regional and national organizations (visitor centres, tourist destination management organizations) engaged in tourism development;
- Planning, performing and managing coordination and marketing tasks at regional levels;
- Continuing their studies in a Masters degree program.
About this institute
Budapest Business School
BBS is Hungary’s market leading university and largest business school with a professional history of 160 years, educating more than 18,000 students and having international students from all around the world. The university is offering full degree programs on bachelor’s,...
Why study at Budapest Business School
- Established in 1857
- 18000 students
- 1000 international students from 80 countries
- 200+ partner universities
- 1000+ active corporate relationships including Robert Bosch, Citi Global, Microsoft Artificial Intelligence Business School
- Full scholarship opportunities
Several double-degree options in Europe and overseas
- Augsburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- University of Stirling (UK)
- Avans University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Shih Chien University (Taiwan),
- Thomas More University (Belgium),
- Universite de Picardie Jules Verne (France),
- University of Asturias, Oviedo (Spain);
- University of Le Havre (France);
- Hof University of Applied Sciences (Germany);
- Kempten, Duale Hochschule Baden-Wurttemberg Villingen-Schwenningen (Germany).
International accreditation in 2020 Faculty of Finance and Accounting was nominated the most popular Hungarian faculty
Budapest Business School
Be the first to write a review!