Summer Gastronomy & Tourism program (5 weeks)
Lyon's fine cuisine is an integral part of the local way of life. The city is the capital of French gastronomy and offers a choice between the popular charm of its famous “bouchon” bistros, the refined elegance of its two-and-three-star gourmet restaurants, and the warm lively atmosphere of its open-air markets. Conferences, visits and cultural activities will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about French Cuisine!
Come study in Lyon, rated # 1 city in France for students! Its remarkable location in proximity to Provence, the Mediterranean, the Alps, and the large wine regions makes Lyon one of the most charming and attractive city in France.
The 2000 year old historic center is now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site; artistic creativity thrives and cultural activities abound all year round. Lyon truly offers a wide palette of cultural events of international standing.
CONFERENCES AND EXCURSIONS:
Week 1 – Gastronomy I
- Orientation day
- Conference : Lyon, the city of gastronomy
- Visit : Les secrets de la gastronomie (the secrets of gastronomy)
Week 2 – Arts
- Visit of “Musée des Beaux Arts” and “Musée d’Arts Contemporains”
- Week-end in Paris: cruise on the Seine River, Visit of the Eiffel tower and Visit of
- the Louvre Museum
Week 3 –Gastronomy II
- Conference : How food has played a key role in linking the countryside with the
- Visit of “Les Halles Paul Bocuse” (inside market known as Lyon’s belly)
Week 4 – French Culture
- Conference : Food trends through ages
- Cheese tasting
- Visit of a vineyard and wine tasting
- Week-end in Provence: tour in the the lavender fields, the lavender museum, visit
of Notre dame de la garde in Marseille and “ les calanques de Marseille”
Week 5 – Gastronomy III
- Conference : A commodity taken for granted
- Visit of a farmer’s market and cooking class with products from the market
THE HOST INSTITUTION: CEFAM
Classes will be held at CEFAM (Centre d’études Franco-Américain de Management), a Franco-American Business school working in partnership with 5 American Business schools (AACSB accredited).
Earn a Dual Degree with CEFAM
CEFAM is a Franco-American Business School that works in partnership with several AACSB accredited American universities. Some of the universities that CEFAM works with include: Northeastern University in Boston, MA Pace University in New York, NY Temple University in Philadelphia,...
Want to know more about Summer Gastronomy & Tourism program (5 weeks)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!