Baking and Pastry Arts Management (1873)
Centennial College's Baking and Pastry Arts Management program will build on fundamental baking and pastry arts skills to prepare you for a management role within the baking sector. Whether it's menu design, purchasing, planning or execution, baking management is an essential skill to convert your passion into business success.
You'll graduate with important industry certifications such as Smart Serve, Safe Food Handlers and CPR, making you job-ready.
Many graduates from this Baking and Pastry Arts program have secured employment within major hospitality brands in the hotel, resort and restaurant industries as well as within large-scale commercial baking companies
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- English Language Proficiency
For more information about admission requirements, please visit our university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Baking and Pastry Arts Theory I
- Baking and Pastry Arts Skills I
- Commercial Bakery Operations I
- College Communication 1
- Principles of Nutrition
- General Education Elective
- Introduction to Computers (Online)
- Food Safety, Smart Serve, First Aid
- Math for Hospitality
- Baking and Pastry Arts Theory II
- Baking and Pastry Arts Skills II
- Commercial Bakery Operations II
- College Communication 2
- Purchasing for Commercial Kitchen
- Kitchen Management I
- Food and Tourism Elective
- Principles of Food, Beverage and Labour Cost Control
- Baking and Pastry Menu Planning
- Artisan Bread
- Chocolate Confections
- Cake and Fondant Fundamentals
- Food Studies Career Preparation
- Food Entrepreneurship
- Global Citizenship: From Social Analysis to Social Action
- Introduction to Hospitality Accounting
- Work Integrated Learning: Baking and Pastry
- Kitchen Management II
- General Education Elective
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Canadian Student Tuition fee is $ 2,721.00 (2 Semesters)
International Student Tuition fee is $14,502.50 (2 Semesters)
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Research and design a variety of bakery, pastry and confectionary related products that meet the needs of a range of food service environments
- Produce and present a variety of bakery, pastry and confectionary related products that meet the needs of a range of food service environments.
- Apply fundamental nutritional principals, including recipe modifications to all aspects of baking production, with an awareness of potential allergens and dietary requirements.
- Apply effective kitchen management skills in order to responsibly use resources in a baking and pastry environment.
- Identify effective business practices, including marketing and cost control in the management of a pastry and baking operation.
- Identify human resource management practices as they relate to the hospitality industry.
- Develop on-going personal strategies and plans to enhance hospitality leadership in a baking and pastry environment.
After successfully completing the one-year Baking – Pre-employment program, you may directly enter the third semester of this program and earn a diploma in one additional year.
- Pastry chef
- Bakery chef
- Food entrepreneurship
About this institute
Welcome to Centennial College
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Want to know more about Baking and Pastry Arts Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!