Event ManagementCentennial College
All available course dates
Event Management (1835)
Throughout the world, humans congregate, gather and collaborate to learn, celebrate and meet. This program will cover a wide overview of the event industry. You’ll participate in defining, understanding and applying the elements involved in planning and staging corporate, social/life cycle, festivals and conference events, and the types of organizations that produce and present them.
By connecting with professors and fellow peers and through the use of independent research, group work, discussions, and experiential and work integrated learning, you’ll examine management practices, including how events are designed, funded, staffed and promoted. You can expect exposure to the planning and development of sustainability, creativity, sales and marketing, and budgeting along with the understanding of volunteer and team building. Among specific learning outcomes will be: performing an analysis of an event objective, completing an RFP, applying for permits, and comprehending by-laws, risk and security requirements.
Instructors will guide and direct you to real-world learning opportunities, which will require you to reflect on how the experiences connect to course content. During these experiences, you’ll participate in work-integrated learning assignments, projects or experiential learning opportunities.
You’ll graduate with an It’s Your Shift certification, an innovative training and awareness program to prevent sexual harassment and violence.
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- English Language Proficiency
For more information about admission requirement visit our university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Event Management
- Networking and Industry Relations
- Event Sales and Marketing
- Event Budgeting
- Volunteer and Team Building
- Sponsorship Development
- Event Programming
- Creativity and Innovation
- Sustainable Events
- Risk and Security Management
- Communications and Media Planning
- Experiential Event Operations
- Site Logistics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Develop and implement financial initiatives based on event objectives through methods such as sponsorship programs, grant applications, and fundraising initiatives.
- Plan, design, and coordinate effective site and facility operations.
- Apply the principles of marketing to events.
- Apply strategies for effective human resource management to events.
- Create, plan, and implement effective programming for events.
- Apply accounting and financial knowledge and skills to the operation of events.
- Apply business administration skills to the operation of events.
- Apply the principles of professionalism and ethics to event management.
- Event Manager
- Festival Planner
- Conference Planner
- Live Event Producer
- Media Event Strategist
About this institute
Welcome to Centennial College
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Want to know more about Event Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!