Event Planning (1816)
The Event Planning program will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary for a rewarding career creating beautiful events and providing long-lasting memories for guests and clients. You'll be equipped to design, plan and execute diverse events, from corporate meetings and conferences to social functions such as weddings and community fundraisers. Event planning is increasingly playing a role in many organizations in a vast number of industries and sectors.
The Event Planning program will immerse you in all aspects of the event industry. Business courses in marketing, human resources and entrepreneurship will complement event courses in design, food and beverage and event operations, preparing you to be confident planning events in restaurants, hotels, resorts and convention centres.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- English Language Proficiency
For more information about admission requirements, please visit our university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- College Communication 1
- Introduction to Events
- General Education Elective
- Introduction to Computers (Online)
- Food Safety, Smart Serve, First Aid
- Presenting and Communicating Effectively
- Math for Hospitality
- College Communication 2
- Special Event Operations I
- Event Selling and Sponsorship
- General Education Elective
- Beverage, Bar and Dining Room
- Introduction to Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Human Resources
- Introduction to Hospitality Accounting
- Special Event Operations II
- Event Marketing and Social Media
- Event Resources and Logistics
- Management Accounting for Events
- Food and Beverage Event Concepts
- Hospitality and Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Hospitality Management Career Preparation
- Risk Management
- Work Integrated Learning: Events
- Global Citizenship: From Social Analysis to Social Action
- Career and Leadership Development (Online)
Canadian Student Tuition fee is $ 2,721.00 (2 Semesters)
International Student Tuition fee is $14,502.50 (2 Semesters)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Develop and implement revenue initiatives through methods such as sponsorship programs, grant applications, and fundraising initiatives.
- Plan and design events that take into consideration the personal, economic and environmental return on investment for clients.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that promote and sell events, products and guest experiences.
- Select and implement strategies for effective human resource management in the planning and operation of events.
- Create, plan and implement cost-effective programming and activities for events.
- Manage events using accounting, finance, leadership and ethical principles to ensure their success.
- Plan and coordinate food and beverage services to meet the needs of clients.
- Incorporate key performance indicators in the evaluation of special events.
- Ensure a healthy, safe, and well-maintained event environment to reduce risk, liability and insecurity of guests.
- Catering and Event Coordinator
- Event Planner / Event Manager
- Meeting and Convention Planner
- Trade Show Organizer
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Live Events Specialist
- Media Event Planner
- Graduates may also explore starting their own business as an event
- Meeting or Wedding Planner
About this institute
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Why study at Centennial College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Event Planning? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!