Bachelor of Hospitality ManagementCQUniversity Australia
Bachelor of Hospitality Management
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor of Hospitality Management
The Bachelor of Hospitality Management is designed for students who have completed an Associate degree or Advanced Diploma or a Diploma from a recognised institution. The two-year course provides you with a direct pathway based on prior completion of vocational or higher education qualification in hospitality management. The course provides you with knowledge and skills to work effectively in hospitality and tourism industry. The vocational pathway provides you with a strong foundation to complete the degree in two years.
AQF Level: Level 7 Bachelor Degree
Pre-requisite: Students must have completed an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) or equivalent recognised Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Hospitality, Tourism or Hotel Management to gain entry into this course.
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
- completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Principles of Economics
- Contemporary HRM Issues
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Marketing of Service Products
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Accounting, Learning and Online Communication
- Introduction to Business
- Occupational Health and Safety Law
- Strategic Marketing and Planning
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Start-ups
- New Product Development and Branding
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
This program costs 14 400 AUD per term.
Core learning outcomes:
- Explain the fundamental principles of accounting, management, economics, human resource management and marketing, and their applications to hospitality and tourism
- Identify and analyse problems and issues, using critical thinking and research skills, through selection and use of appropriate methodologies to interpret information and reach solutions/conclusions
- Communicate complex issues logically, concisely, coherently and accurately, both in written and oral formats, to a range of different audiences
- Work effectively and responsibly, both as an individual and in collaborative team settings
- Apply appropriate standards of ethical, social and professional behaviour in the context of particular business decisions in hospitality
- Reflect on learning and take responsibility for further learning and professional development.
Completing the Bachelor of Hospitality Management opens the door to an exciting career in the hospitality industry. Typical roles may include:
- beverage manager
- catering manager
- event manager
- hotel manager
- public relations manager
- sales manager
- tourism manager.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!