Associate Degree in Culinary ArtsDelaware County Community College (DCCC)
Associate Degree in Culinary Arts- Delaware County Community College (DCCC)
Graduates of this associate degree will be prepared for a career or further studies within the foodservice industry. The course will explore a mix of academic and practical courses as well as an opportunity for an internship. Graduates could go on to become a restaurant chef, banquet chef, sous chef, kitchen manager, production cook, line cook and prep cook.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of foodservice and culinary terminology
- Exhibit the ability to identify various food products and their common uses
- Demonstrate various cooking methods and appropriate presentation techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to properly use and care for professional food service equipment and culinary tools
- Produce foods that meet employers' standards and satisfy consumer demands
- Exhibit ability to produce various ethnic and regional cuisines
- Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of good nutrition in producing foods that meet consumer demands
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe and food handling practices
- Receive food handlers' sanitation certification
- Seek successful employment in a wide variety of commercial and non-commercial food service operations
- Demonstrate accepted practices and procedures required for planning, operation and record keeping as applied in a restaurant, catering or food service operation.
To learn more about this course, contact DCCC via the information request button below.
For admission to DCCC, students must show proof of high school graduation.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Please contact DCCC via the information request form below to learn about the tuition and fees associated with this program.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be awarded an Associate in Applied Science in Culinary Arts from Delaware County Community College.
Master your culinary skills in this Culinary Arts Program offered through Delaware County Community College. Watch this video to learn how you can achieve your culinary dreams.
About this institute
Delaware County Community College (DCCC)
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) is a public two-year college in Media, Pennsylvania, with a current enrollment of 12,500 students (including 200 international students from over 50 countries). Offering over 40 degree programs, students can complete a two-year associate degree...
Want to know more about Associate Degree in Culinary Arts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!