Bakery Advanced Training
The goal is to quickly reach a high level of qualification in 15 weeks, internship included. The École Lenôtre will provide you with the basic methods and essential techniques in bakery needed to master its skills.
The certification training courses in Bakery at the École Lenôtre are designed for adults looking to train or to switch careers:
- Hobbyists and enthusiasts looking to switch careers
- Young professionals
- Professionals who left the trade for a while
The pre-requisites eligibility for this course:
- To be aged 18 years or older
- To have a minimum level in English or French (level B1)
- To know the basics of hygiene and safety in a food environment
- To have basic knowledge of basic reasoning (calculations and logic)
The application for registration must include all the following documents:
- Completed registration application form - to be requested by email
- Copy of an official government identity card
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
A two-part training course:
The Essential : 6 weeks
Make The Basic Bakery Recipes
The aim of this module is to allow students to learn the basics of bakery making and to master the fundamental skill.
- Technology and study of the different kinds of flours
- Learning the basic temperatures
- Discovering the various tools used in the art of bakery.
- Making breads according to several fermentation techniques : poolish, organic yeast, levure biologique, wild yeast dough, liquid surdough (realization of mother surdough and refreshed)
- Training in kneading : slow, fast (enhanced, intensed)
- Initiation to autolyse and pontage
- Training in various types of shapings and dressings according to the bread: baguettes, short bread sticks, batards, round loaves, crowns, small individual breads
- Discovering the fermentation modes : slow, controlled, live.
- Learning about scarification
- Initiation to different types of cooking according to the size of the bread
- Breads you will bake : farmhouse bread, French baguette, standard baguette, yeast bread, rye pie, sandwich bread, special breads (rye, wholewheat), crowns…
The Maitrise : 7 weeks
Work on recipes and elaborated bakery techniques
The aim of this module is to enable students to further develop their knowledge of bakery and to master the necessary techniques to produce the absolutes and classics of the Maison Lenôtre.
- In-depth study and practical work regarding the l’Essentiel certificate
- Training in additional elaborated recipes
- Learning about further shapings and dressings such as fougasses, moulded breads…
- Mastering new breads such as méteil bread, bran bread, cereal bread, olive bread, dried fruits bread, fougasse, zebra bread, decorated bread…
- Viennese pastries prepared: Epiphany cake, croissant, pain au chocolat, raisin bread, brioche
Work Placement : 2 weeks
Discover the professional environment and apply skills acquired during the training
- The internship’s aim is to discover the professional world of gastronomy.
- It is a mandatory experience to complete the diploma.
- The internship aims to :
- Strengthen a previous experience learned beforehand
- Implement the practical application of the knowledge acquired
- 13 weeks of intensive courses (520hrs, 40hrs a week).
- The training focused on repeating specific techniques, essential for mastering the Bakery art.
- Class size limited to 12 participants.
- Two weeks internship in the Lenôtre workshops.
- A real bakery in our workshops in Plaisir, to observe the daily production.
A two-part training course
- « L’Essentiel » Work on basic recipes and techniques in bakery 6 weeks
- « La Maîtrise » Work on recipes and elaborated bakery techniques 7 weeks
- 240 hours
- (6 weeks)
- 5 weeks of lessons
- 1 week of revision and exams
- 280 hours
- (7 weeks)
- 6 weeks of lessons
- 1 week of revision and exams
- 80 hours
- (2 weeks)
- Feedback from the internship supervisor
- Internship report to write
We offer a flexible planning that allows a 15 weeks course, or independent programs.
Fees for both certificates
(13 weeks of training + 2 to 6 weeks of internship) : 15 600 € VAT excluded. (18 720 € VAT included)
Fees for each certificate
- Certificate « L’Essentiel » : 7 200 € VAT excluded (8 640 € VAT included)
- Certificate « La Maîtrise » : 8 400 € VAT excluded (10 080 € VAT included)
The “Bakery” certification will be awarded once you have passed each certificate and successfully completed your internship.
This includes the Certificate « L’Essentiel » and Certificate « La Maîtrise ».
Students have the possibility to complete the two certificates separately. Obtaining certificat 1 " l'Essential " is mandatory to register for Certificat 2 " La Maitrise".
About this institute
École Lenôtre - Culinary Arts School
By founding École Lenôtre in 1971, Gaston Lenôtre responded to the training needs of both French and foreign professionals. Today, more than 3,000 trainees, men, and women coming from all over France and more than 100 countries, come to increase...
Want to know more about Advanced Bakery Training? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!