About this program
Whether you’re preparing for an important business meeting or wedding reception, learn to create memorable experiences for customers through this degree program. Gain the necessary customer service, room operations, and dining room and food service operations skills for these exciting careers. This degree program will also teach you to sell to convention organizers and businesses, and coordinate tourism efforts for communities. You’ll learn about catering and special event planning, as well as hospitality law and liability. Tourism is an integral part of the economy and creates a broad range of employment opportunities.
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- MS Office Suite, Introduction
- Customer Service Management
- Introduction to Hospitality
- Sanitation for Food Service Operations
- Culinary Applications
- Hospitality Concept Development
- Hospitality Sales and Promotion
- Principles of Group Sales
- Food Production, Introduction to
- Hospitality Industry Experience
- Guest Service Experience
- Room Operations
- Hospitality Security
- Tourism: A Community Approach
- Catering and Special Event Planning
- Hospitality Law and Liability
- Hospitality Supervision
- Food, Beverage and Labor Cost Controls
- First Aid/CPR, Principles and Practices
- Written Communication
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Intro to Sociology
- Math w Business Apps
- Intro to Psychology
- Meeting & Event Management Fundamentals
- Ice Carving
- Pairing Wines with Foods
- Risk Management for Hospitality
- Prof. Field Study - Hospitality & Culinary
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: $13,000
Please contact the university for more information.
Degree: Associate Degree (AAS)
Credit Points: 60 Credits
- Plan the operations within a hospitality organization
- Organize hospitality resources to achieve the goals of the organization
- Direct individuals and/or processes to meet organizational goals
- Control hospitality processes/procedures
- Banquet Coordinator
- Catering Manager
- Convention Sales Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Hotel Manager
- Meeting Planner/Tour Coordinator
Message the school
About this institute
Fox Valley Technical College
Want to prepare for a career that is cutting edge? At Fox Valley Technical College you get a hands on, high-tech education that prepares you for the workplace of tomorrow. Fox Valley Technical College has been the college of choice...
Why study at Fox Valley Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College, a 2-year public college in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has been the college of choice in this community for over 100 years.
You get high-tech occupational training for the workplace of today, whether you’re preparing for a new career or sharpening your job skills. With over 200 programs to choose from, you can put your career on the fast track.
Want to know more about Hospitality Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!