About this program
Hospitality Administration - Hotel and Resort
Carefully balancing theory and practice, this program parallels the two yearHospitality Management - Hotel and Resort program. In a student-centered learning environment, students benefit from paid work experience, extensiveexperiential learning, and a focus on intrapreneurship. Students are immersed in innovative curriculum and developeffectiveprofessional management and leadership skills, enabling them to compete forpositions of responsibility in the next generation of the hospitality service industry.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home schoolapplicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicantswho have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing.
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondaryinstitution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered foradmission.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Certifications for the Hospitality Industry
- Mathematics for Hospitality
- Research Methods and Analysis
- Dynamics of Hospitality and Tourism
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Hospitality Computer Applications
- Introduction to Marketing
- Rooms Division 1
- Wine, Beer and Spirits
- Food and Beverage Cost Controls
- Rooms Division 2
- Strategic Revenue Management
- Sustainable Hotel and Resort Operations
- Principles of Management
- Human Resources Management
- Sales and Catering
- Hospitality Management Capstone
- Management Accounting
- Reputation and Brand Management
- Risk Management
- Applied Hospitality Management 1
- Professional Issues in Hospitality
- Managing Service Operations
- Applied Hospitality Management 2
- Intercultural Relations
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please contact the University.
Credential: Ontario College Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- perform in a professional manner by employing leadership, team management,conflict resolution and communication skills proficiently to enhance jobperformance, organizational effectiveness and customer satisfaction;
- appraise customer service situations and information to manage systems andservices in a professional manner for increased customer satisfaction;
- develop marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenuemanagement strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge topromote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences;
- implement the principles of financial planning, analysis, and control to make anddefend strategic decisions to contribute to long term growth and achievement ofstrategic plans;
- evaluate workplace health and safety, accessibility, human rights andenvironmental management policies and practices in hospitality enterprises andrecommend improvements adhering to government legislation, regulations andguidelines;
- apply innovative computer technologies, systems and applications to enhancecustomer experiences and increase efficiency, effectiveness and profitability inhospitality enterprises;
- keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships inthe broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guidecareer development;
- use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, aswell as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employmentstandards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment;
- respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services,products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and bestpractices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
- apply the principles of entrepreneurial thinking into a variety of hospitality industryscenarios and situations;
- practice cultural fluency and awareness in the global community.
Graduates from this program may find advanced positions in the following sectors:
- cruise lines,
- industry suppliers,
- ancillary services in health care and education.
Graduates are prepared to assumemanagerial positions in accommodations, food and beverage, sales and marketing,finance and accounting or as an owner/operator of entrepreneurial enterprises.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1967, Georgian College (Canada) is a public college with 125+ market-driven programs offered to over 13,000 full time students including about 4,500 international students from 60 countries. Its 100-acre flagship campus, located in Barrie, is just an hour...
Want to know more about Hospitality Administration - Hotel and Resort? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!