Hospitality - Hotel and Resort Operations ManagementGeorgian College Applied Arts and Technology
Hospitality - Hotel and Resort Operations Management
All available course dates
About this program
Hospitality - Hotel and Resort Operations Management
Imagine an exciting hospitality career working at places such as five-star hotels, luxurious resorts, restaurants, clubs, and cruise lines. Hospitality professionals work with diverse clientele all over the world. Students are immersed in an innovative curriculum taught by faculty with valuable industry expertise. Learning takes place through extensive experiential opportunities including field trips, practical labs, workplace certifications, and study and travel abroad. Emphasis is put on both the food and beverage and rooms divisions of a hotel or resort property, and strategic industry partnerships complement student learning.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home schoolapplicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicantswho have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing.
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondaryinstitution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered foradmission.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Certifications for the Hospitality Industry
- Mathematics for Hospitality
- Research Methods and Analysis
- Dynamics of Hospitality and Tourism
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Hospitality Computer Applications
- Introduction to Marketing
- Rooms Division 1
- Wine, Beer and Spirits
- Food and Beverage Cost Controls
- Rooms Division 2
- Strategic Revenue Management
- Sustainable Hotel and Resort Operations
- Principles of Management
- Human Resources Management
- Sales and Catering
- Hospitality Management Capstone
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Length: 4 Semesters, plus 1 work term
For more information about tuition fees, please contact the University.
Credential: Ontario College Certificate
Program Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitudeand professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, andcontributing as a team member;
- deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceedindividual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards andobjectives;
- use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales and revenuemanagement strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge topromote and sell hospitality services, products and guest experiences;
- apply business and revenue models as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financialand administration skills to support the effective management and operation of avariety of organizations delivering hospitality services and products;
- comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies,standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles,to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy hospitalityoperations;
- use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of hospitalityservices, products and guest experiences and to measure the effectiveness ofhospitality operations;
- keep current with hospitality trends and issues, and interdependent relationships inthe broader tourism industry sectors to improve work performance and guidecareer development;
- use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, aswell as knowledge of organizational behaviour, labour relations, employmentstandards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment;
- respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of hospitality services,products and guest experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and bestpractices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability;
- apply the principles of entrepreneurial thinking into a variety of hospitality industryscenarios and situations;
- apply knowledge of cultural fluency and awareness in the global community.
Graduates from this program may find positions in the following sectors:
- cruise lines
- industry suppliers
- ancillary services in health care and education
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1967, Georgian College (Canada) is a public college with 125+ market-driven programs offered to over 13,000 full time students including about 4,500 international students from 60 countries. Its 100-acre flagship campus, located in Barrie, is just an hour...
Want to know more about Hospitality - Hotel and Resort Operations Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!