HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Haaga-Helia is a strongly business-oriented University of Applied Sciences in Finland. We have close ties to business world with 100 partner companies that contribute to our study projects and internship opportunities that provide a great kick start for a career. Haaga-Helia embraces a modern teaching style with a variety of learning approaches such as classroom and online learning, group work, project work together with companies, as well as problem-based and project-based learning. We offer a caring and supportive environment with a wide range of student support services available. We provide our students with the skills and the mindset to succeed in the world of tomorrow.
Helsinki, where Haaga-Helia’s main campus is located, is a vibrant Nordic seaside city where a cosmopolitan lifestyle exists in perfect harmony with nature. The city is easily approachable with a public transportation system that is one of the best in the world. It is also easy to walk and bike everywhere. Haaga-Helia operates on five campuses in Helsinki, Porvoo and Vierumäki.
Haaga-Helia in numbers:
- 11,000 students
- 1,100 international degree students
- 630 teachers and support staff
- 200 partner universities
- 300 incoming exchange students
- 400 outgoing exchange students
- 10 international double degrees
- 100 partner companies
Find out more about HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences by filling in your details and the school will contact you.
|Bachelor of Hospitality, Tourism & Experience Management||Helsinki|
|Master of Tourism and Hospitality Business||Helsinki|
Scholarships & funding
We offer scholarships and early bird discounts to all our international students.
For more information on tuition fees and scholarships at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, please visit the website.
Why study at HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
- Haaga-Helia is the first institution in Finland to receive THE-ICE accreditation. Haaga-Helia has also received a quality label from the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC, praising Haaga-Helia’ s excellent working-life contacts and strong pedagogical teaching approach.
- In 2019, Haaga-Helia was ranked the best university of applied sciences in international student mobility, as well as the best in international student satisfaction. Study in a truly international environment with students from over 100 different nationalities.
- Opportunity to complete one semester as an exchange student in one of Haaga-Helia’ s 200 partner universities around the world.
- Possibility to acquire a double degree. Double degree students complete two semesters abroad and receive a diploma from both, Haaga-Helia and the partner university.
Awards & Accreditations
Student services & facilities
We provide an extensive support network and student services to create a positive experience for all our students. Some support services include:
- Study guidance and tutors, student associations on each campus
- Career counselling and assistance from our specialized International career services team
- Student healthcare assistance and wellbeing services- virtual and on campus
Please visit HOAS's website for more information.
Haaga-Helia UAS has 5 campuses and they are in Helsinki (Pasila, Haaga and Malmi), in Porvoo and in Vierumäki. We are truly international with over 1,100 international degree students and 200 partner institutions. There are over 100 different nationalities on our campuses. The campuses are high-tech, modern, well-equipped and people friendly.
At Haaga-Helia you will become a member of a student community of over 11,000 members! You can study to become an expert in business, tourism, hotel and restaurant management, journalism, business service solutions, information technology, or sports and leisure management. More information on student life in Finland can be found on HOAS's website.
HOAS (The Foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region) provides homes for students in the Helsinki metropolitan area. You can apply for a HOAS apartment, if you are a full-time student, a degree student, entitled to student financial aid and your school is in the Helsinki region or in the surrounding municipalities. Please visit HOAS's website for more information.
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews.
I have started to study in Haaga-Helia in August 2019. At first, I was attracted by the program I chose - Multilingual Management Assistant (BBA). According to the program curriculum description, students get to learn business theories, gain practical business knowledge and at the same time, enhance language skills. Then I applied and got ac...
On the one hand, studying at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences is very much hands-on! What I really enjoy is having projects with real companies and networking with them as well as learning by doing. On the other hand, the student culture is amazing! I am already gaining work experience by being part of the university's entrepreneur...
HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
I study Business Information Technology and my major is software development. I love the curriculum because it is very straightforward, trendy, and useful. I learned basic orientation courses, fundamentals of programming courses, experienced with the most updated tech stalks and frameworks, and then applied them to different software projects. H...