Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Hospitality Management (Food Service Operations Management)
Emphasis is placed on the techniques and technology of the hospitality industry from a management point of view. Graduates of this 60 credit-hour curriculum will be qualified to assume positions as production supervisors, management trainees and small unit managers. Upon successful completion of approved hospitality management courses, students may be granted a Certificate of Completion and a Management Development Diploma from the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association. Upon successful completion of approved hospitality management courses, students may be awarded a certificate from the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Motel Association.
For more information about admission requirements for this program, please visit the college's website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Food Standards and Sanitation
- Menu Planning
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Computer and Digital Literacy
- Business Writing
- Introduction to Food Prep/Production
- Dining Room Operations
- Hospitality Supervision
- Restaurant Layout and Equipment
- Introduction to Wine, Spirits and Beverage Management
- Hospitality Promotions
- Introduction to Psychology
- AAS General Education elective
- Purchasing and Storage
- Seminar and Internship
- Hospitality Operations Analysis
- Hospitality Law and Risk Management
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college's website.
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarship options, please visit the college's website.
Students who successfully complete the Food Service Operations Management program will be able to:
- Interpret general management concepts relating to food, beverage and the overall menu.
- Utilize sales techniques leading to quality customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Monitor food production standards and results.
- Identify and promote safe food handling practices.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of general sales, inventory and cost control systems.
- Demonstrate quality supervisory and people skills.
About this institute
Harper College, one of the United States’ premier community colleges, is located in the northwest suburbs just 30 miles (48 km) northwest of Chicago, Illinois. Harper offers more than 50 fields of study and more than 450 popular general education...
Want to know more about Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Hospitality Management (Food Service Operations Management)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!