Hospitality and Tourism Management, AASHighline College
About this program
Hospitality and Tourism Management, AAS
The School of Hospitality & Tourism Management (HOST) is located along Puget Sound on the south side of Seattle, WA, in the beach community of Des Moines. The school offers eight career specializations to prepare you for an exciting career in our industry. We offer certificates and degrees as unique as your career path.
- Completion of a minimum of 90 college-level credits (courses numbered 100 or above);
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative college-level GPA;
- Completion of at least 23 of the total required credits at Highline with a minimum 2.0 GPA (known as the residency credit requirement);
- Any course taken in the AA, AS, AAS degrees must be a D (1.0 GPA) or better.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Professional-Technical Core Courses:
- Introduction to Hospitality/Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism and Development
- Career Planning and Preparation
- Planning and Preparation for Supervisors
- Managing Customer Service
- Global Excellence in Customer Service
- Human Resources Management in Hospitality & Tourism
- Legal Issues in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Host Capstone : Feasibility Study Management
- Revenue Management
- Sales & Marketing Management in Host
- Managing Hospitality Technology
Please check the program webpage for more information about its courses.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Utilize the fundamental vocabulary and operating principles of the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Act in accordance with professional ethics and values of the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Identify, compile and evaluate specific company/agency information against industry benchmarks for making major business decisions.
- Employ principles of professionalism and best practices relevant to the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Communicate effectively through listening, speaking and writing to diverse audiences in the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Identify and utilize relevant computer systems, software and technology applications in the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Identify suitable employment opportunities by matching personal and professional interests and abilities with positions within the the hospitality/tourism profession.
- Explain the importance of professionals in the hospitality/tourism industry keeping current with news and emerging trends through conference/tradeshows, professional literature, electronic sources, etc.
About this institute
Highline College prides itself as being the 5th most diverse college in the entire USA. It is located in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest, which is home to renowned national parks, a stunning coastline and peninsula, a rainforest, the North Cascade...
Why study at Highline College
- Award-winning college (ranked in the top 150 community colleges in the USA in 2021)
- Individual advising to help you meet your goals
- New on campus student housing
- University Transfer Pathways with many four-year university partners
- Over 120 programs, certificates and degrees and still growing
- U.S. high school diploma awarded after completing a 2-year degree with no additional requirements.
- Active student life with many activities, programming, communities and leadership opportunities
- Beautiful location just next to Seattle and the Puget Sound waterway
- Internship &, scholarships opportunities
- Unique OPT, CPT and internship opportunities
Be the first to write a review!