Hospitality and Tourism Management, CertificateHighline College
About this program
Hospitality and Tourism Management Food & Beverage Operations, Certificate
This is a Certificate in Food and Beverage. Individuals completing this selection of coursework will be effectively trained in food, beverage, customer service, and other related coursework necessary to succeed in the food and beverage industries. Students will be prepared for state exams including Washington Food Handlers and MAST. Students interested in careers in the food and beverage industries are well-suited for enrolling in this selection of coursework. Credits earned during the tenure of this certificate can be used toward further degrees.
- Completion of a minimum of 90 college-level credits (courses numbered 100 or above);
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative college-level GPA;
- Completion of at least 23 of the total required credits at Highline with a minimum 2.0 GPA (known as the residency credit requirement);
- Any course taken in the AA, AS, AAS degrees must be a D (1.0 GPA) or better.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Professional-Technical Core Courses:
- Menu Design
- Food and Beverage Operations (Front of House)
- Global Excellence in Customer Service
- Banquet and Conference Operations
- Barista & Coffeehouse Operations
- Sustainability and the Food Supply Chain
- Food as Medicine
- Beverage Service and Food Pairing
- Career Planning and Preparation
- Planning and Preparation for Supervisors
Please check the program webpage for more information about its courses.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
About this institute
Highline College prides itself as being the 5th most diverse college in the entire USA. It is located in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest, which is home to renowned national parks, a stunning coastline and peninsula, a rainforest, the North Cascade...
Why study at Highline College
- Award-winning college (ranked in the top 150 community colleges in the USA in 2021)
- Individual advising to help you meet your goals
- New on campus student housing
- University Transfer Pathways with many four-year university partners
- Over 120 programs, certificates and degrees and still growing
- U.S. high school diploma awarded after completing a 2-year degree with no additional requirements.
- Active student life with many activities, programming, communities and leadership opportunities
- Beautiful location just next to Seattle and the Puget Sound waterway
- Internship &, scholarships opportunities
- Unique OPT, CPT and internship opportunities
Be the first to write a review!