Hospitality and Tourism Management Event Planning Operations, CertificateHighline College
About this program
Hospitality and Tourism Management Event Planning Operations, Certificate
This is a Certificate in Event Planning. Individuals completing this selection of coursework will be effectively trained in logistical elements of catering, applicable food and beverage, customer service, sales and marketing, and other related coursework necessary to succeed as an event planner. Students interested in careers in event planning are well-suited for enrolling in this selection of coursework. Credits earned during the tenure of this certificate can be used toward further degrees.
Learners completing this certificate will comprehend the following: Industry terminology, meeting types, delegate and attendee types, industry documents (e.g. BEOs, RFPs), event logistics, trends, marketing and sales, site selection, food and beverage operations associated with events such as catering, out-sourcing and ancillary services, budget/forecasting, and timelines for events.
- This information does not substitute for meeting with a faculty adviser.
- Students must achieve a cumulative 2.0 GPA and a minimum 2.0 GPA in each core course to attain a certificate or AAS.
- Not all classes are offered every quarter, at night, online, or on the weekends.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Professional-Technical Core Courses
- Global Excellence in Customer Service
- Event Planning Operations
- Banquet and Conference Operations
- Wedding Planning Operations
- Nonprofit Event Planning
- Menu Design
- Career Planning and Preparation
- Planning and Preparation for Supervisors
Please check the program webpage for more information about its courses.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
About this institute
Highline College prides itself as being the 5th most diverse college in the entire USA. It is located in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest, which is home to renowned national parks, a stunning coastline and peninsula, a rainforest, the North Cascade...
Why study at Highline College
- Award-winning college (ranked in the top 150 community colleges in the USA in 2021)
- Individual advising to help you meet your goals
- New on campus student housing
- University Transfer Pathways with many four-year university partners
- Over 120 programs, certificates and degrees and still growing
- U.S. high school diploma awarded after completing a 2-year degree with no additional requirements.
- Active student life with many activities, programming, communities and leadership opportunities
- Beautiful location just next to Seattle and the Puget Sound waterway
- Internship &, scholarships opportunities
- Unique OPT, CPT and internship opportunities
Be the first to write a review!