B.S. Hospitality and Tourism Management
The mission of the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program is to provide academic training that prepares students to become entrepreneurial leaders, managers and professionals in roles that are focused on the understanding and appreciation of the global environment.
First-year international applicants must submit official copies of one test that assesses English competency. Husson University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 75) or IELTS (minimum score 6). Students who have been studying in a total English immersion environment for two or more years may replace the test of English competency with the SAT or ACT. In addition, after acceptance, students will complete an English and Math Placement Exam prior to class placement. Assessments help to ensure course placements that provide the strongest support for academic success.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Education Courses
- Business Ethics
- College Writing
- Approaches to Literature
- Tourism and Travel
- Supervision in Hospitality Management
- The Husson Experience
- Probability and Statistics
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Fine Arts Elective
- Foreign Culture and Conversation Elective or Open Elective
- Historical Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Math I Elective
- Philosophical Elective
- Psychological/Sociological Elective
Concentration In Hospitality Management Courses
- Managerial Economics
- Intro to Hospitality Mgmnt
- Food & Beverage Control Systems
- Facilities & Guest Services
- Hotel Operations
- Event Planning and Management
- Destination Management and Marketing
- Hospitality Internship (Has been reduced from 6 credit hours to credit hours)
- Leadership in Hospitality Management
- Advanced Hospitality Internship 6
- HSTM Elective
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Our flexible course schedules, full-time and part-time tracks, multiple locations and online learning options make it possible for you to earn your degree with the flexibility you need as a working professional.
Regular Undergraduate Tuition
$612 per credit hour or $18,972 for a full-load
$550 per credit hour
Hospitality and Tourism Management Program Graduates will be able to:
- Develop leadership and management skills through group cooperation
- Describe the roles and functions of a leader in the hospitality industry
- Describe the roles and functions of a manager in the hospitality industry
- Understand the importance of the continuous improvement process
- Understand the importance of goal-setting and team-building
- Understand the importance of conflict management skills
- Understand the need for career planning
- Apply production forecasting techniques and procedures
- Describe physical and perpetual inventory systems
- Evaluate food and beverage operations'Äô control processes
- Recognize the importance of outstanding guest service quality, server-guest relationships, and ethics
- Improve ability to exercise judgment and critically analyze problems
- Apply and improve written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills
- To provide the student with a "real life" experience in the hospitality industry.
- To provide the students with an experiential learning opportunity at various levels of responsibility
About this institute
At Husson University, it’s all about you. You won’t be lost in a crowd. You’ll learn from professors who care about you. You’ll learn hands-on, earning a degree and skills that will prepare you for a rewarding, successful career. Best...
Want to know more about B.S. in Hospitality and Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!