Hospitality & Hotel Management DiplomaInternational Career Institute
About this program
Hospitality & Hotel Management Diploma
The ICI hospitality and hotel program has been designed in conjunction with industry leaders and helps you learn the skills you need to succeed in within the industry quickly and conveniently.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career in hotel and hospitality services and management
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a hotel and hospitality pro in months not years!
- Study a hotel and hospitality course that was designed in conjunction with the hotel and hospitality industry
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $39 per week
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The Hotel Industry, The Scope of the Industry, The Firm in the Hotel and Catering Industry, Hotel Management, Planning, Policy
Organisation of the Hotel Workplace
Organisation, The Nature and Purpose of Organisation, The Mechanistic View of Organisation, The Human Relations View of Organisation, The Systems Approach to Organisation, Organisation Structure, The Informal Structure, Hotel Organisation
Staff Management in Hotels
Work Charts, Communication and Coordination, Staff Management, Monitoring Workloads and Work Procedures, Authority/Chain of Command, Career Structure
Sources and Storage of Information, Creating and Maintaining Information, Creating and Maintaining Control Systems, Types of Control, Production Control, Quality Control, Sales Control, Labour Utilisation Control, Materials Control, Maintenance Control, Financial Control, Setting Standards and Corrective Action, Work Study, Organisation and Methods
Front Desk Management (Reception)
The Functions of the Front Office, Customer Service, Dealing with Grievances & Complaints, Understanding Communication, Conversation Development, Using the Telephone, Business Letters, Promotions and Customer Relations, Client Interpersonal Skills, Self Esteem & Reinforcement, etc
Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
Service Equipment, Direct Purchase of Hire of Equipment, Linen: Purchase or Hire, Choice of Fabrics, Structure and Properties of Fibers, Linen Room Organisation
Building and Facility Management
Daily, Periodic and Planned Preventative Maintenance, Frequent Maintenance Problems, Safety, Furniture, Fittings, Managing Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Toilets and Locker Rooms
Tour desk, gymnasium, events (eg. Weddings, balls etc), In house Services, Recreation Facilities, Guest Information Services, Swimming Pools, Spa & Sauna Facilities, Activities Management, Tourism
Types of Food Service (eg. Room Service, Bar, Restaurant, Coffee Shop etc), Kitchen Design & Equipment, Service Facilities, Food Service Management, Food Purchasing, Dealing with Complaints
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the Institute website for more information.
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
- Tuition fee for Diploma: $1199
- Tuition fee for Advanced Diploma: $1599
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a hotel and hospitality manager
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipHHMgt
Start a career in the fast-growing hotel and hospitality industry. Hotels, resorts, cruise ships, private / corporate owned restaurants and special catering events all provide good employment opportunities for those wanting to enter this industry.
Graduates will typically find work in the following capacities:
- Bar managers
- Catering managers
- Hotel management trainees
- Housekeeping supervisors
- Manager, health and leisure department
- Marketing consultants
- Night auditor
- Personal assistant to a hotel manager
- Personnel and training officers
- Public relations officers
- Purchasing officers
- Restaurant supervisors and managers
- Tourism and travel consultants
- Hospitality entrepreneur (restaurant owner, mobile catering, hospitality staff recruitments etc…)
About this institute
Distance Learning & Home Study courses by ICI
With courses from the International Career Institute (ICI), participants can develop their careers or pursue a new career with flexible, online study options that participants can study at their own time and at their own pace. Through ICI courses, participants will gain...
I heard about the Institute via a career fair and I chose this course as I wanted a practical education, without spending 3 years at uni and while holding down my current admin job. I always wanted to get into hotel and hospitality management. My ultimate career aspirations are to become a manager in a 5 star hotel. To date I have found the lear...