Master's degree in Tourism Development & Culture (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master) (Dumfries Campus)ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Tourism Development & Culture (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master) (Dumfries Campus)
This two-year Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) explores contemporary theoretical and practical issues in tourism development, with a cultural focus, providing critical analytical skills. Mobility periods will give you the opportunity to study at the University of Glasgow and its world-class consortium partners.
Information regarding COVID-19
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Portuguese government has temporarily closed all schools and universities from March 12th 2020.
In light of this, ISCTE - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa will be suspending face-to-face classes and offering all programs remotely instead. For more information about this, please contact the university.
As a graduate you will be well equipped to find work in the tourism, cultural and heritage industries, both in the public and private sector. Potential employers include national and local government, agencies such as tourism departments, museums and heritage attractions, the travel and hotel industries, business consultancies and media organisations. It may be possible to transfer your acquired skills into other related professions such as planning or organisational sustainability. There will also be opportunities for teaching at schools, colleges and universities for qualified teachers, as well as research.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- The EMJMD programme provides an excellent opportunity for those new to tourism to engage and attain a broad grasp of the subject as well as a deep and analytical insight into aspects of tourism development, culture and related industries.
- This is an exciting and innovative new programme offered by the University of Glasgow (Dumfries Campus), the University of Malta, Lund University (Sweden) and the University Institute of Lisbon (Portugal). You will graduate with a joint degree awarded by three of the partners.
- By studying with a combination of three partners, you will be taught by world-class experts in the areas of social science analysis of tourism, heritage, business innovation and sustainability.
- You will also have the opportunity to attend a two week summer school at Wageningen University (Netherlands) with a focus on the environment and tourism.
- Unique in terms of the subject matter covered, the diverse range and complementarity of the five partner universities involved, and the focus on culture in its broadest sense will greatly enhance your student experience.
- Courses are both theoretical and practical. Some involve field trips, along with work placement opportunities. This will equip you for the working world in the tourism, heritage, and wider culture based industries.
The programme is structured around a series of mobility periods across two years where you study at a combination of three partner universities for one semester, taking a mix of core and optional courses. Teaching is delivered via mix of lectures and seminars, with occasional guest lectures and opportunities for work placements. The final mobility period can be spent with one of the semester one of the smester 1, 2 or 3 partners, depending on your chosen topic of dissertation, under the supervision of a team from at least two universities. The programme also includes an optional two-week summer school at Wageningen University (Netherlands) at the end of year 1.
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Master's degree in Tourism Development & Culture (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master) (Dumfries Campus)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!