Msc in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Studying Hospitality and Tourism in Portugal is a unique opportunity to experience one of the global leaders in the tourism industry. Portugal is one of the top leisure destinations in Europe – bathed in a Mediterranean climate – where you can find some of the most attractive beaches in the world, hundreds of golf courses, unforgettable sightseeing, and a rich monumental heritage. It is no surprise that in Portugal you can find every possible type of tourist facility, from large-scale hotels to exclusive resorts as well as all major hotels chains.
The leading Portuguese industry brands have capitalised on this popularity and have expanded their chains worldwide where they are well known for their innovation and successful development strategies. Lisbon and Portugal, therefore, provide students with a live laboratory in which to make contact with the hub of innovation and creativity in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
Information regarding COVID-19
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the Portuguese government has temporarily closed all schools and universities from March 12th 2020.
In light of this, ISCTE - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa will be suspending face-to-face classes and offering all programs remotely instead. For more information about this, please contact the university.
We require the following skills and qualifications from applicants to our International Masters programmes:
- A bachelor’s degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education with a course-by-course evaluation of the student’s official undergraduate transcript showing that the student has a 3.0 GPA or better equivalent on a 4.0 scale; minimum grade 14/20 (i.e. B=3.0)
- An undergraduate course in Statistics (minimum grade of C = 12/20)
- Proficiency in English: TOEFL (computer-based: 220; internet-based: 80; paper-based equivalent score) or IELTS (6.5)
- GRE / GMAT Tests - The GRE/GMAT is not required, however, the Admissions Committee may ask for the GRE/GMAT to strengthen a candidate's application package.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management is presented as an option to continue studies for all graduates in management, tourism and other courses in related areas, and contains the following overall objectives:
- To improve knowledge of the core topics in management sciences applied to hospitality and tourism;
- To develop expertise in cross-cutting themes, in the interests and professional expectations of students, which contribute to the development of an applied research project;
- To provide students with methods, procedures and research techniques that enable them to develop their research project with a high degree of autonomy.
About this institute
ISCTE-University Institute of Lisbon
Founded in 1972, the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) is one of the most prestigious public universities in Portugal, particularly focused on postgraduate studies and scientific research. It is organized in four schools: ISCTE Business School, School of Sociology and...
Want to know more about Msc in Hospitality and Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!