Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management - Commercial CookeryLe Cordon Bleu Australia
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management - Commercial Cookery
This Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management from Le Cordon Bleu Australia is designed to give students the knowledge and skills that are required to succeed in a supervisor or management position in a range of hospitality industry positions.
During the course participants will be taught skills that will develop their culinary techniques in either cuisine or pâtisserie, and also give them the ability to excel in marketing, human resources, business planning and financial control.
During the first 15 months of this programme you will complete the Diplôme de Cuisine/Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and a six month industry placement.
Program 1: STAGE 1 (6 Months)
Prerequisite: Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
French Study Modules
- Product origins, influences and regional cuisines
- Classical French and contemporary cuisines
- Classical French and contemporary patés, terrines and buffet items
- Seasonal and market influences in cuisine
Australian Units of Competency
- Produce and serve food for buffets
- Prepare specialised food items
- Coordinate cooking operations
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Manage finances within a budget
- Manage diversity in the workplace
- Lead and manage people
- Monitor work operations
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
Program 2: STAGE 2 (6 Months)
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Australian Units of Competency
- Serve food and beverage
- Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- Develop and implement a business plan
- Manage operational plan
- Manage physical assets
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Establish and conduct business relationships
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Monitor staff performance
- Manage finances
This program is designed for students who wish to further develop their business skills and wish to either manage or own their own business.
Duration: 2 years in Adelaide, 27 months in Melbourne and Sydney.
This includes completion of the Diplôme de Cuisine/Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and a six month industry placement during the first 15 months.
English proficiency: 5.5 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.
Entry requirements: School leavers need to have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 11 or equivalent overseas secondary education (e.g. International Baccalaureate) and demonstrated the ability to undertake tertiary study.
This programme leads to career paths in employment such as
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Kitchen Operations Manager
- Catering Manager
Welcome to Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has opened the door to one of the world’s most highly regarded hospitality qualifications. Known as the leading provider of studies in hospitality management, gastronomy and culinary arts worldwide, Le Cordon Bleu educates over 20,000 students each...
Want to find out more about this school? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!