Boulangerie DiplomaLe Cordon Bleu Paris
Developed by Le Cordon Bleu Paris, the Boulangerie Diploma trains future professionals and entrepreneurs in essential boulangerie techniques, as well as new trends in the field.
Le Cordon Bleu Paris, a private higher education Institute which specializes in Culinary Arts training programs, offers a career orientated Boulangerie Diploma over a short period of time (6 months) which includes a 2 month internship (compulsory) in a professional setting.
The program, which has been put together by recognized teaching professionals, encompasses the knowledge and expertise of the boulangerie traditions which contribute to the reputation of France around the world.
The program is based on understanding, learning and mastering boulangerie techniques. The training program consists mainly of practical classes. The program is divided into two levels: Basic and Advanced. There is a mandatory internship.
This Boulangerie program gives students all the necessary skills to work in a traditional boulangerie or in a production business, both in France and abroad. During this program, students will:
- Learn to master the main techniques used in artisan boulangerie
- Learn how to organize production and to work as part of a team
- Acquire a repertoire of traditional and modern boulangerie recipes
This Boulangerie program is bilingual: taught in French and translated into English.
This program is intended for:
- Anyone looking to acquire essential boulangerie theory and practical knowledge
- Professionals looking for a career change who want to work in the boulangerie field
- Anyone looking to work as a baker, whether as an artisan or as an employee in a boulangerie company
To apply to this program applicants must be at least 18 years of age and hold the equivalent of: High School Diploma (USA) (CAD) – High School Certificate (Japan) – GCSEs (UK) – Baccalaureate (France) or other.
The Boulangerie Diploma is divided into two levels: Basic and Advanced. There is a compulsory internship. A certificate is awarded for each level after successful completion of the practical exams. Students, having successfully completed their internship, will also be awarded the Diplôme de Boulangerie by the Fondation Internationale Le Cordon Bleu.
BASIC BOULANGERIE CERTIFICATE
To begin their training, students familiarize themselves with the equipment used in boulangerie. After an introduction to the rules of hygiene and baking, students will:
- Learn to work with the different types of flour used in France
- Learn the different techniques for kneading dough, manually and three different mechanical kneading methods
- Make bread and viennoiseries (Danish pastries)
- Be introduced to boulangerie decoration
- Be introduced to working with doughs made with a fermented dough starter and a "poolish" (a type of pre-fermentation)
ADVANCED BOULANGERIE CERTIFICATE
Prerequisite: Basic Boulangerie Certificate Students will learn about different types of fermentation and how flavours develop in bread. Students will learn:
- How to work with liquid and solid natural leavens
- How to work with “farine de tradition” (Traditional flour as defined by French law)
- How to work with puff pastry
- How to make baguettes, brioches, croissants, beignets (fritters and doughnuts), turnovers and derivative products
After successful completion of Basic and Advanced Boulangerie, students are required to carry out a 2-month internship in a boulangerie related business in France.
In order to make the most out of this internship experience, students must speak and understand French.
Le Cordon Bleu Paris
Paris is the ideal location choice for studying culinary arts and techniques, guaranteeing an unforgettable cultural experience in the world capital of gastronomy, fashion and luxury. Take the first steps towards your ambitions at our new campus in the heart...
Want to know more about Boulangerie Diploma? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!