Culinary ManagementLoyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
All available course dates
About this program
Being a top chef goes beyond loving food. It’s about appreciating the soil and sunshine, how food is grown and what it takes to run a business. It means taking creative risks and constantly adapting. If this is the career of which you’ve been dreaming, start creating now in Loyalist’s on-campus gourmet restaurant, Resto 213.
Required academic preparation
- OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent with courses at the general, advanced, (C), (U) or (M) level, AND
- Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent
Recommended academic preparation
- Grade 12 Mathematics
Is it for you?
Do you have what it takes? You can succeed in this field if you are:
- Passionate about food
- Willing to take creative risks
- Skilled at time management
- Excellent under pressure in a fast-paced environment
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Year - Semester One
- Career Preparation
- Culinary Math
- Culinary Techniques 1
- Culinary Techniques a la Carte 1
- Food Theory 1
- Orientation and Safety Training
- Techniques of Baking 1
First Year - Semester Two
- Culinary Techniques 2
- Culinary Techniques a la Carte 2
- Food Theory 2
- Menu Planning
- Techniques of Baking 2
Second Year - Semester Three
- Catering and Event Planning
- Culinary Business 1
- Food & Beverage Practical 1
- Profit Management
- General Education Elective
Second Year - Semester Four
- Advanced Gastronomy
- Culinary Business 2
- Food and Beverage Practical 2
- Wine & Beverage Appreciation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
- Domestic Tuition: $2,722.08
- Full-Time Ancillary Fees:* $1,308
- Total: $4,030.08
- One-year Ontario College Certificate in Culinary Skills
- Two-year Ontario College Diploma in Culinary Management
Create and innovate under the guidance of distinguished chefs with a rich appreciation of farm-to-table cuisine.
- Work in the kitchen and dining room of Resto 213, Loyalist’s on-campus student-run gourmet restaurant.
- Earn first-hand experience in all aspects of culinary management — from hosting and service, food preparation, pricing and menu design, to developing marketing strategies.
- Students also prepare food for the Loyalist Market, a retail outlet offering an amazing variety of fresh and frozen products designed and created by Culinary students.
- Optional field trips provide invaluable experience in food and culture. Recent destinations include New York City, Paris, Switzerland and Portugal.
- Receive individual attention from licensed chefs and Red Seal pastry chefs.
Find your career
There’s no life like the one of a chef and the opportunities are limitless.
- Culinary Management graduates are prepared to work as cooks and apprentices in their choice of establishment around the world.
- Opening a restaurant is a high-risk venture. A diploma from Loyalist will prepare you to pursue your dreams with solid skills in culinary technique, marketing and leadership.
- Diploma graduates complete the in-class requirements for apprenticeship training.
- Following completion of on-the-job apprenticeship outcomes, graduates are qualified to write the exam for Interprovincial Red Seal Certification — an internationally recognized standard of quality.
Message the school
About this institute
Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
Loyalist College will be Ontario’s Destination College, known locally, nationally, and internationally as a deliberate choice of students, faculty, and staff, where their experiences are enabled by an engaged and supportive culture....
Want to know more about Culinary Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!