BBA in Tourism and Hospitality ManagementModul University Vienna
About this program
Why should you choose Tourism and Hospitality Management?
This BBA program is the perfect choice for high-school graduates who are looking to gain valuable insight into a long-standing industry with traditional values. The industry has seen a profound impact on business operations following the rapid advancement in technologies and the emergence of new business models. The advantage of this 3-year program is that at Modul University we focus on a career-oriented and industry-focused approach. The program allows you to gain professional experience through an internship, leading to high employability rates after graduation.
360 Industry Education and Experience
In your first year of studies, you will learn the fundamental concepts of modern business practices, such as finance, accounting, administration, communication, and a comprehensive understanding of external and internal economic structures in which the business operates. In your second year, our expert professors will take you deeper into understanding the hospitality and tourism industries through analysis, calculating performance ratios, identifying ways for improvements and discussing the outlook for the industry before then embarking on a supervised practical internship, providing first-hand work experience.
To conclude this program, we offer you the opportunity to specialize in either:
- Hotel Management
- Tourism & Event Management
Step 1: Bachelor Admissions Requirements by Country
Whether you are applying to Modul University Vienna as a national or international student you will need to satisfy our Bachelor's admissions entry requirements. Please contact us to see what entry criteria apply to you based on your high school leaving certificate and English proficiency.
Step 2: Application
Apply using MU's online application portal.
Fill in all required fields and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Academic Qualifications (high school certificate including transcripts!)
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test –76 points (Preferred minimum of 22 points in writing),
- IELTS– band score 6.0 (We do not accept sub-scores below 5.5 and we prefer a minimum of 6.0 in writing),
- Cambridge Certificate - First Certificate in English - preferred minimum grade B
- Pearson Academic- 65 points
- Duolingo English Proficiency Test-104 points
- Copy of Passport
- Passport-sized photograph
- Letter of Recommendation
Please make sure that your application is complete. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Exceptions: If not available yet, the high school leaving certificate and/or English test result may be submitted later on. In such cases, the most up-to-date transcripts must be submitted and provisional admission may be granted until the pending document is submitted.
Please note that all documents must be submitted in English. Only high school leaving certificates and transcripts are also accepted in German.
Step 3: Application Review and Interview
The admission process includes the reviewing and evaluating of each application on an individual basis for an applicant's abilities as a student. If approved, you’ll be contacted by an admissions team member soon thereafter in order to schedule a personal interview at the campus or a video Skype interview.
The interview will give the university the opportunity to clarify issues arising from the application as well as permit an assessment of the personality profile of the applicants. It will also ensure that applicants understand the expectations with regard to their chosen program. It is also the chance for applicants to ask any further questions.
Step 4: Admission Decision
Usually once per week, the admissions committee decides on admission based on previous education performance, the motivation and general impression, extracurricular activities, interview performance, and academic aptitude of the applicant. If approved, admissions documents will be sent to the future student.
Note: Applications will also be accepted before high school graduation and before the English test has been sat.
Our deadlines are based on the average length it takes to get a visa, however, if you already have a valid visa to study in Austria then please get in contact with us.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The 3-year Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management covers general business administration and managerial knowledge including human resources, marketing, finance, business informatics, economics, and financial management, law and communication, and hospitality management, as well as specialization courses specifically focused on either hotel operations and management or tourism and event management.
- Marketing & Consumer Behavior
- Accounting & Management Control I
- Math & Statistics I
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Advanced Business Communication
- Sustainability Literacy for Business
- Organizational Behavior & Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Accounting & Management Control II
- Math & Statistics II
- Academic Writing
- Principles of Business Law
- HR Management & Management Development
- Financial Management & Investment Planning
- New Media & e-Business Applications
- Tourism & Hospitality Business Analysis
- Internship Preparatory Course
- Internship 5-6 months (900h)
- Bachelor Thesis Tutorial
- Service Operations Management
- Latest trends in Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Marketing Research and Empirical Project
- Specialization Courses
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Business Planning
- Specialization Courses
- Bachelor Thesis
Please note, all application submissions are subject to a €50 application fee. The application fee will be deducted from the first tuition payment for all accepted candidates. For those who choose to decline a study offer or rescind their application, the fee is non-refundable.
Tuition Fees: €7,350 per semester (6 semesters) = € 44,100
Reductions on Tuition Fees:
Full Tuition Fee Reduction
- Save 7% of total tuition
- Eligibility: Applicants who who opt to pay their full tuition fee in one.
One Academic Year Tuition Payment Reduction
- Save 5% of tuition for one year
- Eligibility: Applicants who opt to pay ahead the tuition fee for one academic year.
Semesterly Tuition Payment Reduction
- Save 2% of tuition for one year
- Eligibility: Applicants who opt to pay ahead the tuition fee for one semester.
IB Diploma Reduction
- Save 5% of tuition for one year
- Eligibility: Applicants who will or have graduated with an International Baccalaureate Diploma will receive a reduction of 5% on our Bachelor programs. This reduction can not be combined with the European High School Reduction.
EU High School Reduction
- Save 3% of total tuition
- Eligibility: Applicants who will or have graduated from a high school located in Austria, the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland will receive a reduction of 3% on our Bachelor programs. This reduction can not be combined with the IB Diploma Reduction.
- 10% of the total tuition fees for following siblings
- Eligibility: Siblings of current MU students. This reduction is not related to a study program.
Exchange Alumni Grant
- Save 8% of total tuition
- Eligibility: Exchange students attending MU who decide to transfer and continue studying.
- Save 10% of total tuition
- Eligibility: This grant is at the discretion of our Admissions Committee for outstanding candidates. This grant is up to the discretion of the admissions committee and no extra application is required.
Career opportunities for graduates of the Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management:
- Tourism and hospitality consultant, project manager, event and service co-ordinator
- Resort operator, guest experience manager, communications specialist, tourism marketing manager
- Hotel and real estate development, travel and tour management, event planning
- Hotel management operations, food and beverage management, spa and wellness management
Message the school
About this institute
Modul University Vienna
Modul University Vienna is known as Austria's leading international private university in the heart of Europe. MU Vienna offers well-proven study programs for Bachelor, Master, MBA and Ph.D. levels. The international campus is English speaking, home to highly driven students...
Why study at Modul University Vienna
- Innovative business university with a focus on globalization, sustainability, digital transformation & entrepreneurship with a strong brand legacy within tourism & hospitality research and education.
- Diverse, international student population with over 77% international student body.
English-speaking campus from teaching to administration, student services, and socializing.
Modul University Vienna
Want to know more about BBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!