MBA – Hospitality and Tourism Management (16 Months Online)Rushford Business School
About this program
MBA - Hospitality and Tourism Management (16 Months Online)
The field of Hospitality Management requires an extreme focus on customer service and satisfaction while maintaining a profitable business. The hospitality and tourism sector is a very diverse and vast sector that includes a substantial number of industries working together in tandem for maximum value creation. This system includes hotels, restaurants, airlines, travel agencies, convention centers, transportation companies, cruise companies, etc. This sector has been significant growth over the years and offers some excellent entry points for great careers. This sector is also known for accelerated growth and development for smart and hard-working talent.
Hospitality and tourism businesses are adopting newer technologies and every part of the industry is going through innovation. This is a tremendous opportunity for new entrants or seasoned professionals to understand what the need of this industry will be as it continues to grow. The Rushford MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management puts special emphasis on innovation and newer technologies that are used in this industry so our students can differentiate themselves when they assume their roles in this high-demand high reward industry.
Rushford offers Recognition of Prior Experience (RPE) and thus a formal bachelor's degree is not mandatory for entering this program.
Rushford maintains very high standards for students who enter our academic programs. For all MBA programs, the following criteria need to be met before admission is offered to a prospective student.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent recognized academic title in any discipline
For students who don't have a Bachelor's Degree, Rushford uses Recognition of Prior Experience (RPE). Rushford generally utilizes over 3 years of relevant experience in a significant role for waiver of Bachelor's Degree.
Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE or CAE, IELTS 6+ or TOEFL 79+
- TOEFL (PBT) 550+, or
- PTE 50+, or
- Any other proficiency test taken in the last 2 years
English Proficiency Waiver
- Native English Speakers, or
- Applicants having completed their schooling in English (i.e. High School Diploma or IB), or
- Applicants having completed their undergraduate degree in English, or
- 2 years of work experience in a setting in which English is the primary language of work.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Skills
- Accounting for Financial Reporting
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- Operations Management: Productivity & Quality
- International Business Environment
- Leadership and Managing Human Capital
- Marketing Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics & Law
- Tourism and Hospitality Operations Management
- Hotel Management Fundamentals
- Tourism and the Environment
- Tourist Management Strategies
- Tourism, Hospitality, and Law
- Event Management
- Capstone Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the school website for more information.
Tuition fee: EUR 9000
Credits: 90 ECTS
The Rushford MBA with a specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management prepares you to succeed as a manager and leader in the hospitality and tourism businesses. Managers in these sectors are expected to have a thorough understanding of how the various components and sectors come together to offer compelling options to customers. While there can be further specializations such as food and catering management, hotel management, travel management, etc., after obtaining the MBA, the MBA in itself offers a comprehensive overview of the whole industry from end to end. Coupled with the core Rushford MBA curriculum, this MBA provides a thorough business education experience to students and professionals who would like to make a successful career in this industry.
Some of the common roles assumed after completing the MBA program are:
- Hospitality Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- General Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Travel Manager
- Event Planning Manager
- Tourism Marketing Manager
Message the school
About this institute
Rushford Business School
Rushford Business School is an EduQua certified Business School in Gevena, Switzerland. The school offers higher degree programs in Business and Management. Our school is unique in its offering of several MBA programs with key technical specializations. Our 100% online...
Why study at Rushford Business School
As a research-focused institution, we conduct innovative and internationally recognized business programs with a positive impact on business growth and societal development.
We continue to leverage business behavior and research through:
- Developing and expanding an international network of leading academic and exchange partners to provide a global research and teaching environment.
- Developing industry-specific business skills by engaging key opinion leaders.
- Developing leaders for shouldering social responsibility and facing unique intellectual and personal challenges.
- Developing mature and self-reliant personalities with intercultural competence and critical thinking.
Our vision is to be among the top business schools in Europe and be recognized internationally for innovative business programs helping businesses and institutions stay on a favorable growth curve. Our research shall have a flourishing impact on business practices, leadership, and academic literature. We shall develop leaders with a global outreach, who will employ their potential to engage with businesses and society to make a valuable, constructive, and ethical difference.
- The following values govern us in accomplishing our mission and our vision:
- Academic excellence, specialty skills, and a research focus.
- Thought leadership and innovation.
- Critical thinking, justice, and integrity.
- Ethics, social responsibility, beneficence, accountability, responsibility, and transparency.
- We have a never-ending approach to exceeding expectations for quality and service in all that we do. Shaping the career of our students is at the centre of all we do. For achieving this, all potential means are explored ranging from mentoring to presentation and referencing before the relevant industry.
- We value all our students and invest in their personal and professional growth and development, and assist them in their career path from basic needs to self-actualization.
- We plan prudently for our students by monitoring the key changes in the industry and taking appropriate actions that prepare them ahead of time to meet future challenges.
Online Teaching Approach
The teaching approach we implement aims to identify the specific training needs and career aspirations of each individual. Based on this understanding the most efficient personalized mentoring solution is put in place so that the individual can make the most out of the training program.
We firmly believe in the notion that every individual has their own strengths, and they can be harnessed through the correct learning platform and approach. The students at Rushford are fully aware that self-knowledge holds equal importance to academic knowledge.
At Rushford, we use the internet technologies to maximize the learning efficiency in a modern setting, while at the same time providing students with all the knowledge they need to be successful.
Rushford employs a great number of highly qualified professionals from the industry as mentors for the students in order to provide them with real industry perspectives. This helps our aspiring professionals reach an interface with the industry itself. Mentorship provides a lot of advice with regard to training and career planning.
We believe in preparing our students for real-life situations through firsthand experiences, by implementing mock sessions via our efficient online training platforms.
Rushford Business School
Want to know more about MBA – Hospitality and Tourism Management (16 Months Online)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!