Earn a Bachelor in Hotel Management
The Bachelor in Hotel Management program is designed for students who wants to pursue careers within the international hospitality industry.
The hotel management degree program is one of two Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) offered by the Hospitality Business School of Saxion:
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Tourism Management
The two programs share the common focus to create conditions that allow people to travel, work, spend their spare time and stay away from their homes. The aim is to make this happen while the company makes a healthy profit and the customers and guests experience maximum satisfaction and content.
The Bachelor in Hotel Management program is directed towards individuals with entrepreneurial flair, who possesses good commercial insight as well as the quality of being service-minded. There is a strong focus on professional skills, theory and management skills. There is also an urgency placed upon developing a professional and hospitable attitude.
Covering a wide range of areas in order to prepare participants for a future as hotel managers, the Bachelor in Hotel Management teach them how to successfully lead businesses in the international hospitality industry as managers and entrepreneurs. It also teaches them how to translate guest’s wishes into appealing and customer-friendly products and services, how to find the fine balance between how to run a business and how to pamper the guests.
Applicants should bear in mind that the hospitality business is everything but a nine-to-five/Monday-Friday sector and it does not suit everyone. But for individuals who are flexible and wish to work in a customer-focused business environment it is ideal. The hospitality industry offers a wide range of specialist opportunities as well as opportunities for speedy career progressions. Successful management trainees reaching general manager positions in large hotels within 5 to 7 years of starting their career is not an uncommon occurrence.
Upon completion of the Bachelor in Hotel Management, graduates can look forward to working in any of these areas:
- Holiday Bungalow Parks
- Events agencies
- Hospitality Service suppliers
- Convention Bureaus
- Recreation & Theme Parks
- Tourist Organisations & Tour operators
- Contract catering
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Banks / Financial Businesses
- Consultancy firms
- Employment Agencies
- Other (restaurants, golf resorts, airlines, cruiseship companies)
The admission requirements for the Bachelor in Hotel Management are:
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The applicant must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- The applicant must have sufficient English language skills for the specific course, if the applicant do not have the Dutch nationality, an IELTS test-score of 6.0 or a TOEFL test-score of 550 is required
- The applicant must have taken subjects such as economics, languages and/or management at their secondary schools
- To enter the first year of the hotel management programme applicants will need to pass additional intake qualifications. In addition to the completed application form, the applicant should send a letter of reference, to prove their affinity with and experience in the hospitality industry
The tuition fees for the Bachelor in Hotel Management are:
- Tuition fee (EU/EEA students): 1835 Euro
- Tuition fee (outside EU/EEA): 7800 Euro
Upon successful completion of this programme, you'll receive a Bachelor of Business Administration.
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Netherlands, with close to 27,000 students (and still growing!). Saxion University has a rich history - its roots can be traced back to 1875. A merger...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Hotel Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!