Bachelor in Tourism ManagementSaxion University of Applied Sciences
Bachelor in Tourism Management
All available course dates
About this program
Earn a Bachelor in Tourism Management
The Bachelor in Tourism Management Program is one of two Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) offered by the Hospitality Business School of Saxion:
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) in Tourism Management
The two Programs share a common focus; to create the conditions that allow people to travel, work, spend their spare time and stay away from their homes. The aim is to make this happen while the company makes a healthy profit and the customers and guests experience maximum satisfaction and content.
The Bachelor in Tourism Management Program is designed for individuals with an ear for languages, who are conceptual thinking and who possesses good commercial insight as well as the quality of being service-minded. There is a strong focus on professional skills, and urgency placed upon developing a professional and hospitable attitude.
Through the duration of the Bachelor in Tourism Management students are taught how to manage a business in the international tourism & leisure industry as an entrepreneur, manager or consultant. Students learn how to interpret the wishes of their guests and translate them into innovative and appealing tourism- and leisure concepts, they will also learn about the international tourism industry, about the design and planning of environmentally friendly resorts, ecotourism, motivation of travellers and a wide range of factors affecting tourist habits and behaviour. The Bachelor in Tourism Management covers all areas necessary in order to pursue a successful career within all sectors of the tourism and leisure field.
Upon completion of the Bachelor in Tourism Management Program graduates can look forward to careers as/in following areas:
- Recreation & Theme Parks
- Holiday Bungalow Parks
- Hospitality Service suppliers
- Cruiseship companies
- Event organisers
- Other (golf-, resort-, wellness-, sports management)
The admission requirements for the Bachelor in Tourism Management are:
- The applicant must demonstrate that they have the ability, motivation and determination to successfully complete the course
- The applicant must be admissible to Higher Education through a diploma of secondary education/high school diploma with good results such as for Dutch students VWO, HAVO or MBO and for foreign students diplomas which are equivalent to e.g. the German Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), the British GCE A-levels or (I) GCSE grades A, B or C, the French Baccalaureat or the American High School (top stream or plus 1 year's college)
- The applicant must have sufficient English language skills for the specific course, if the applicant do not have the Dutch nationality, an IELTS test-score of 6.0 or a TOEFL test-score of 550 is required
- The applicant must have taken subjects such as economics, languages and/or management at their secondary schools
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The tuition fees for the Bachelor in Tourism Management Program are:
- For EU/EEA students: € 2.168,- Discount: € 1.084,- for the first year
- For Non-EU/EEA students: € 7.800,-
Upon successful completion of this Program, you'll receive a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
Message the school
About this institute
Saxion University of Applied Sciences welcomes international students to the Netherlands
Saxion University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Netherlands, with close to 27,000 students (and still growing!). Saxion University has a rich history - its roots can be traced back to 1875. A merger...
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews.
I really like the studies because it is so practically oriented - from the very first semester on I've worked on real projects and with clients from the industry - which is also highly beneficial because you can built up a network for your future career. Also, I like the international environment at Saxion as I now have friends from all over the...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.