BA (Hons) International Air Travel and Tourism Management
Looking for a fast paced career in international air travel operations and tourism? With a unique focus on the point at which air travel and tourism overlap, this course will help equip you with valuable business, project management and customer relations skills while you build a thorough understanding of these two interlinked industries.
Solent University’s international air travel and tourism degree guides students as they develop a thorough understanding of the industry and the key roles within it. This includes study of how and why specific activities are undertaken at airports and in depth analysis of the contemporary issues currently affecting the global aviation and tourism industry.
Industry experts played an integral role in designing and developing this degree. This involvement ensures that the content is up to date and teaches students relevant and sought-after skills. These industry contacts are also involved in the delivery of the course, speaking at guest lectures and offering students improved access to site visits, case studies and live projects.
The course also has a strong focus on employability - students will develop transferable business and management skills that can be applied in a wide range of careers. Theory is reinforced through discussions with peers and industry experts, role play, simulations, problem solving and critiques - all with the direct support of the experienced course team.
Students have the opportunity to attend two field trips whilst studying, these provide an essential personal, experiential and practical environment for learning, and enable students to further hone skills taught in the classroom. Third year students may also choose to undertake an optional year-long work placement. The University has a dedicated placement office who can offer support with applications both before and after graduation.
A curriculum built around the needs of the industry helps ensure that graduates are suitable for a range of relevant roles.
What does this course lead to?
Graduates are able to pursue roles in the global tourism and air travel industry. These includes the travel trade, tour operators, airlines, airports, aviation supporting industries, hospitality and destination management. The course curriculum ensures that students can also pursue careers outside of travel and tourism, applying transferable business and interpersonal skills to a range of corporate positions.
Graduates may also manage their own business, applying their knowledge in a way that helps the business grow, or pursue a portfolio career, where personal ventures are combined with part-time work or work within small to medium businesses.
Who is this course for?
Applicants for Solent’s air travel and tourism management programme come from a wide range of academic background. Candidates should aspire for careers in global tourism, air travel, destination management, hospitality or any other related role.
112 UCAS tariff points from A-levels or equivalent
- A minimum of two completed A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma at DMM or BTEC Diploma at D*D* or equivalent.
- Alternative entry on this course is available through theEvent and Tourism Foundation Year.
English language requirements
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 19 in each individual component
- or equivalent.
Qualifications are checked before enrolment, and international students must bring their original certificates or certified copies when coming to study at the University.
The University also offers a pre-sessional English programme for international students who wish to improve their level of English before starting a degree course.
- Introduction to Tourism
- World Tourism Perspectives
- Leisure Marketing
- Introduction to the Air Travel Industry
- Professional Practice for Tourism and Events
- Tourism and Events Business Practice
- Tourism and Events Research Skills
- Research Methods for Leisure Services Industry
- Tourism Destination Management and Planning
- Airport Operations Management
- Air Travel Operations Management
- Work Based Professional Studies
- Customer Services for Air Travel, Tourism and Events
- Tourism and Events Research Skills
- Dissertation for Leisure Services Industry
- Consultancy Project
- Contemporary Issues in Global Aviation and Tourism
- Risk Management for Air Travel and Tourism
- Strategic Management for Air Travel and Tourism Industry
- International Marketing for Tourism and Travel
- Hospitality Management
- Globalisation of the Cruise Industry
- Business Start Up
Solent University is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions. We’re focused on the practical side of higher education...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) International Air Travel and Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!