BSc Majoring in Geography and Tourism (QQ Campus)The University of the Free State
About this program
BSc Majoring in Geography and Tourism (QQ Campus)
Natural Sciences Our expertise in the Natural Sciences includes Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Actuarial Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering Sciences, Geography, Geology, Biological Sciences, Computer Science and Informatics, and Consumer Science.
Students with a degree in Geography and Tourism will have an understanding of tourism studies in the context of theory, as well as a practical understanding of the nature of tourism and its importance in terms of development and sustainability. Tourism issues are often an interaction of multidisciplinary concepts, and therefore require wide-ranging analytical thinking skills. Students with a degree in Geography and Tourism will have critical thinking skills required for solving the ongoing creation of socio-economic and environmental tourism-related challenges.
- The UFS reserves the right to change the minimum requirements of each program or any other information without notifying you.
- There are specific admission requirements that you should meet if you want to study at any South African university. If you finished school in or after 2008 and have a National Senior Certificate (NSC), you need a performance level of at least 4 (50%) in four (4) of the seven (7) subjects included in your NSC subject package.
- Admission to study at the UFS is furthermore dependent on the following:
- Your application should meet all the minimum requirements for the program
- The program must have available space and capacity to admit students
- You have to submit valid school results with your application
- All admission requirements apply to first-year students in 2021.
- A minimum admission point (AP) of 32 is required, unless stated otherwise.
- Language of instruction on level 4 (50%).
- A minimum performance level of 5 (60%) in Mathematics. Depending on the program you are interested in, a higher performance level in Mathematics will be required.
- Both Life Sciences and Physical Science will be required for admission to most BSc programs; however, there are programs where you require either Life Sciences or Physical Science. Consult the Faculty Rulebook for more information.
- Participation in the NBT tests for Language and Mathematics is required.
- The admission requirements are a broad indication for entrance into the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences. Make sure you know the admission requirements of the program you are interested in.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Tourism management and practice
- Transdisciplinary studies
- Tourism development practitioners
- Tourism development consultants
About this institute
The University of the Free State
The University of the Free State is situated in Bloemfontein – the centre of South Africa. Bloemfontein serves as the capital of the Free State Province as well as the. Judicial Capital of South Africa. This beautiful city is also...
The University of the Free State
Be the first to write a review!