BA in Hospitality ManagementUnicaf University
About this program
BA in Hospitality Management
Programme Aims and Objectives
During this course, students will be able to study the principles of key hospitality management concepts. Students will be able to gain significant skills and knowledge regarding the hospitality sector and be able to successfully function in managerial positions in the tourism industry.
The degree programme sets out to provide the student with the necessary tools and competencies to add value to any hospitality organization. The variety and scope of the courses offered provide a sound grounding for entry-level supervisory/managerialpersonnel.
Aims of the Programme
The aims of the programme are the following:
- Gain expertise in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry and associated fields.
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge, practical skills, personal attributes and competencies, as well as an ability to assess industry attractiveness, identify risks and opportunities of developing business in a global environment that will be required for management positions in a variety of hospitality enterprises.
- Choose and apply appropriate quantitative or qualitative methodologies to analyse problems and utilize modern technological and analytical tools necessary to support decision-making in tourism organizations.
- Develop leadership and organizational skills towards communicating vision, inspiring employees and promoting innovation and change.
- Identify and evaluate ethical issues and communicate justifiable resolutions for practical situations.
Objectives of the Programme
On completion of the programme the student should be able to:
- collect and analyse data for the purpose of resolving issues directly related to the hospitality industry;
- develop appropriate skills for the industry;
- effectively and confidently interact within an organization;
- problem solve both individually and inteams
- effectively use resources in order to ‘learn how to learn’
Delivery Mode: Online and through Supported Open Learning
The entry requirements for admission to bachelor degree Programs include:Regular admission to a Bachelor degree degree Program requires a High School Leaving Certificate with an aggregrate score of 60 or C or Credit, or equivalent.Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for credit transferApplicants with at least 2 years post-secondary relevant experience may be considered for entryRecognized proof of English proficiencyUp to date CVCopy of Passport of National IDStudents who do not meet the minimum entry requirements may be considered for the Foundation Program, which provides an alternative route of entry to the Unicaf University undergraduate Programs.In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Save with a Unicaf Scholarship
Earn a generous scholarship for an internationally recognised of your choice. Save time and money by not travelling or commuting to campus to attend classes—you can study from anywhere in the world without putting your career and life on hold.
Bachelor of Arts
About this institute
Unicaf University is a pan-African, independent, internationally recognised university, combining the best elements of online learning through the offering of high-quality academic qualifications. Unicaf University pursues excellence in teaching and student achievement while ensuring a high degree of satisfaction in...
Why study at Unicaf University
The Unicaf University campuses offer students the opportunity to earn high quality qualifications at a very low cost. Unicaf University aims to offer students the chance to boost their knowledge and personal skills, advance their careers and build the lives they are dreaming of.
For the last two decades Unicaf’s associate institutions have been offering general scholarships to eligible international students. Graduates were able to make a significant contribution to their home countries at the highest level.
Be the first to write a review!