Advanced Specialisation Program in TourismUniversidade de Aveiro
About this program
Advanced Specialisation Program in Tourism
The Advanced Specialization Training Program in Tourism Seeks to create a new research Program, under the umbrella of the Bologna Treaty, and pursues the following objectives: (i) to create critical and advanced thinking in tourism; (ii) to contribute for the redesigning of the University of Aveiro tourism school, by re-launching the foundations of the present tourism area and help to creating a reinvigorated tourism school; (iii) to contribute for the creation of a more dynamic tourism research pole, capable of articulating the theoretical and scientific knowledge produced in the UA with the needs of the tourism industry. These objectives will be supported on the creation of an international tourism school, that will be based on top international scientific criteria.
A holder of a Advanced Specialization Training Program in Tourism diploma should be able to:
- Identify problems or opportunities for improvement and propose solutions through theories, techniques and tools in the domain of management, economics, and planning in Tourism;
- Develop learning abilities and research skills consistent with the autonomous development of scientific work in Tourism with applied relevance for the sector;
- Conciliate the Tourism management and planning process with the requirements of an adequate territory organisation and an effective socio-economic development of destination areas;
- Promote innovation and the creation of new markets and products in Tourism.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Marketing In Tourism
- Knowledge and Strategy in Tourism
- Research Methodologies in Tourism
- Thesis Project Preparation I
- Data Analysis
- Tourism Economics
- Thesis Project Preparation II
- Tourism And Territory
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees 2022/2023: 2325€/year
- International tuition fees 2022/2023: 2325€ /year
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade de Aveiro
Join an international community with people from 96 countries, studying, researching and living together in one of the cities with best quality of life in Portugal. Universidade de Aveiro is globally recognized by the quality of its teaching and researching...
Why study at Universidade de Aveiro
Why is Universidade de Aveiro the your next best step?
- Teaching and research experiences of excellence: here in Aveiro, you will find some of the best teachers, known internationally for their field work, investigation methods and results and 20 research centers evaluated with incredible remark.
- Intercultural environment: in a universe of over 90 nationalities, you can expect to see, feel and live cultures from all around the globe. Besides all the Intercultural events (more than 80 in 2019), you can count on a team fully dedicated to help you in any matters related to your studies and living abroad circumstances.
- Learn for the future: it is a modern university, with excellent infrastructures to learn and to start developing your career today. The university’s interdisciplinary atmosphere is crucial for the growth of critical knowledge and to develop towards society.
- Academic support: Universidade de Aveiro offers to its international students’ programs that allow them to get familiar with Portuguese language or level their knowledge on core subjects like Mathematics.
- International cooperation and mobility: While studying in Aveiro, you can take advantage of numerous mobility programs that will take your education experience to a whole different level, while living in a new country, meeting new people and learning new skills. Universidade de Aveiro also has cooperation agreements with hundreds of international institutions.
- Young and vibrant city: A medium sized city, with a low cost of life, capable of combining both amazing natural places, such as beaches, mountains and rivers and, at the same time, renowned innovation & tech events, projects and centers.
Universidade de Aveiro
Want to know more about Advanced Specialisation Program in Tourism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!