MA in Economics & Communication: International TourismUniversità della Svizzera italiana
Why study the Master in International Tourism at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Switzerland?
- Master the skills needed for success in the International Tourism industry using the analytical tools provided by the only Swiss Tourism University Master in English recognized by the Swiss government
- In this forward-thinking master`s degree we combine Economics and Communication Sciences by applying their toolkits and methods to tourism in our courses, such as Sustainable Tourism, eTourism Technology Labs, World Heritage and Tourism
- Our master`s generalist approach leads you to a wide range of tourism careers and managerial positions upon graduation
- The study programme (120 ECTS / usual duration 2 years) lays a solid base while providing various opportunities to specialize yourself, such as the eTourism minor, internship, and master thesis topic
- As we value talent development, we offer you the chance to get a tourism executive as personal mentor via CREATETALENT
- Various field trips and tourism conferences abroad, the Study Tour Week and Field Project help you apply theory to practice
- Studying at USI means Swiss quality education and free Italian - English - German - French language courses
The formal requirement for admission is a Bachelor's degree from a recognized academic institution in Economics, Communication Sciences, Political Science, Tourism, or other related fields.
Check also our language requirements.
For Bachelor degrees obtained in Switzerland we accept degrees from recognised or accredited Swiss Higher Education Institutions (Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences) listed by Swissuniversities.
Applicants holding a Bachelor degree of a recognised University of Applied Sciences (in Switzerland the so-called 'Fachhochschule') may be admitted with 30 additional ECTS to be obtained during the master through elective courses chosen by the student.
As the places offered are limited, selection can be effected on the basis of academic results.
Admissions will be treated on a case by case basis.
For the academic year 2018/2019, the Foundation for the Lugano Faculties of the Università della Svizzera italiana will award a total of 60 one-off study grants of the amount of CHF 4'000 each. The merit-based grants are given to the students admitted to the first year of a USI Master programme starting in September 2018.
Studying at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI)
USI Università della Svizzera italiana is a member of the Swiss university system and the only Italian-speaking university in Switzerland. It is a multi-lingual university with courses taught in Italian and English and it has a strong international orientation. USI’s...
Want to know more about MA in Economics & Communication: International Tourism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!