Arts, Media, Cultural Events
The Degree Course in Arts, Media, Cultural Events is organized across different disciplinary fields ranging from the arts to social sciences.
There are three thematic areas:
- Critical, historical-artistic and performing arts disciplines
- Linguistic, historical and sociological disciplines
- Economic, management and legal regulations
The graduate in Arts, Media, Cultural Events, thanks to the basic and characteristic teachings, will be able to apply independently the knowledge acquired to understand and bring value to historical and cultural heritage, to build artistic and cultural content aimed at different audiences.
The related activities will allow the graduate to develop business plans, management and marketing plans and communication for cultural activities and entertainment, fundraising projects.
Through language tuition, students will increase their English language skills, and will have some fundamental skills in a second foreign language.
For admission to the degree course, candidates must have a high school diploma or other foreign qualification recognised by the University as equivalent.
Knowledge of the general lines of art history, of Italian and European cultural, linguistic and literary history, and the ability to apply these in coherent historical and geographical coordinates are required. Competence in Italian language is required and some knowledge of English language is preferred.
The following categories of candidates may apply for the admissions test:
- Italian or EU nationals holding an Italian 5-year high school diploma or equivalent qualification;
- Italian or EU nationals holding a qualification equivalent to the Italian high school diploma obtained on completion of a period of schooling of no less than 12 years;
- non-EU nationals upon presentation of an application for admission in accordance with provisions in force regarding the entry, stay and enrolment of foreign/international students, as well as an evaluation of documentation and of each specific situation;
- Italian citizens attending the fourth year of an Italian high school – with the exception of the Bachelor’s degree course in Interpreting and Communication, for which attendance in at least the fifth year is compulsory;
- Italian citizens attending the fifth year of an Italian high school;
- EU or non-EU nationals attending the final year in a high school in their home country or a Foundation Year(a preparatory course for international students who have not completed a 12-year period of schooling), subsequent to evaluation of documentation and of each specific situation.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- History of medieval art
- Current visual arts
- History of contemporary art
- Arts and media
- Digital communication laboratory for the arts
- Production and communication of art
- Digital media for the arts
- Contemporary History
- Contemporary history
- Current Italy
- Antropology of the contemporary
- Economy and marketing for cultural events
- Art and fashion
- Professional English I
- The entertainment system
- Cinema and Art
- Forms of contemporary theatre
- Production and organisation of contemporary music
- History of modern art
- Economy of culture and art
- Publishing for Culture
- Sociology of events
- Cultural journalism
- Editing for Arts and Culture
- Project management of events and entertainment
- Professional English II
- Language and culture of the second foreign language
- History of art criticism
- Forms of organisation of cultural events
- Right of cultural activities
- Laboratory of photography theory and technique
- Writing workshop for the communication of art and culture
- Professional English III
- Stage of professional skills
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
A wide range of content is included: History of Medieval, Modern and Contemporary Art, Art and Fashion, Workshop on Digital Communication of the Arts, Economy of Culture and Arts, Project Management of Events and Entertianment, with a strong content of arts, social sciences, languages and digital systems specific to the disciplines covered. These modules are taught face-to-face by IULM lecturers, artists and sector professionals through workshops and "field" experiences.
The programme is designed to provide students with a basic theoretical preparation with attention made to the assessment of the level of knowledge acquired. Students participate in classroom-based lessons, workshop activities, study visits to museums and foundations, cycles of meetings with professionals and protagonists of the art, culture and entertainment system, projects and collaborations with external bodies, internships in Italy and abroad. Opportunities guaranteed by the Faculty's close partnerships, reserved for students of the three-year period, such as those with MIA FAIR and Cittadellarte-Fondazione Pistoletto, and by the offer of numerous professional experiences. Other strategic skills for employment are given through the JobLabs component: intensive workshops, held by professionals of outstanding reputation, supported by IULM lecturers aimed at the implementation of highly innovative projects.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
The Bachelor of Arts in Arts, Media, Cultural Events provides the basic skills to operate in the cultural professions, in the system of arts and performing arts productions. These are scenarios in continuous transformation that require preparation in the humanities and management skills that are the focus of this three-year study programme. In Italy, this sector is showing great potential and creating more and more jobs, a trend that is mirrored globally. In response to these needs, the Degree Course in Arts, Media, Cultural Events is organized around two axes, the historical-critical axis of the languages of art and entertainment and the operational-management axis, which correspond respectively to the acquisition of knowledge and skills necessary to: analyze, build and communicate products and content specific to art and entertainment; organize and manage cultural activities and events.
IULM’s three-year undergraduate degree in Arts, Entertainment and Cultural Events aims to train professionals who will be able to document, develop and promote artistic heritage through both traditional means and new multimedia platforms. Furthermore, graduates will be expert organizers of artistic and cultural events, covering everything from their planning and production to their execution and promotion. This programme will also open doors for graduates in the following careers: art and cultural content editors; experts in the planning, production, organization and distribution of art exhibitions, cultural events and entertainment products; interculturalists (artistic and cultural mediators); and experts in the management of cultural events for public and private institutions.
About this institute
Università IULM is the center of excellence in Italy for training in Communication and New Media, Languages, Tourism, Arts and Design. For more than 50 years, Università IULM has been building its educational mission based on expertise, knowledge and awareness,...
Want to know more about Arts, Media, Cultural Events? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!