About this program
Cabin Crew and Airport Operations Level 2
Do you want a job that gives you the opportunity to travel, discover new cultures and mix with people from all walks of life? Our Cabin Crew and Airport Operations college course will equip you with the essential skills to help you take off towards your dream career in the aviation and airline industry.
Being part of a cabin crew team gives you the chance to demonstrate first-class customer service skills and provide passengers with a fantastic experience to remember. On our Level 2 Cabin Crew course, you will learn how to coordinate a safe flight, prepare the cabin, get passengers aboard and perform safety procedures as well as how to deal with emergencies.
Not available for international student visa applicants
- Ideally, you will require a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (grade D) or above. However, our lecturers are primarily looking for students who are enthusiastic and passionate about delivering excellent customer service, along with a love for travel.
- School applicants will be required to provide a good school report, which must include attendance.
- If you do not have a grade 4 (grade C) or above in English and maths and you are under 19, you will be required to complete an assessment so we can ensure you receive appropriate support. Applicants over 19 are not required to complete maths and English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Topics you will study:
- Introduction to Airline/Aviation Operations
- Airline Health, Safety and Security
- Crew Room Duties
- Role of Air Cabin Crew (On Board)
- Preparation for Employment as Air Cabin Crew
- Health and Safety
- Aviation Security
- Aviation Communications
- Airline Emergency Procedures
Teaching and assessment
You will be assessed through coursework assignments and projects, some of which will involve industry-related visits.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Course Duration : 1 year full-time
- Course Start : September (2021)
Course fee for the course: Level 2 - £1,762
University College Birmingham is a recognised Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) Centre of Excellence, and you will be learning in state-of-the-art simulation facilities within our Aviation and Tourism Suite. Completing the Level 2 course can help you to land your first job working in a cabin crew team, or go on to further study and career progression in the aviation sector.
This course allows you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and career progression within the aviation sector. The learning environment is realistic, which aids the development of skills, while also enabling you to gain an in-depth understanding of what is required for this global industry.
On completion of the Level 2, you could progress onto our Travel and Tourism Level 3 course, or you could pursue a range of employment opportunities within the industry.
Note: Some roles below may require further study/training. The roles and salaries below are intended as a guide only.
- Cabin crew - Average Salary: £21,750
- Airline customer service agent - Average Salary: £26,500
- Airport baggage handler - Average Salary: £17,500
- Airport information assistant - Average Salary: £21,500
- Tourist information centre assistant - Average Salary: £24,500
- Travel agent - Average Salary: £27,000
Message the school
About this institute
University College of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s second-biggest city, University College Birmingham is a specialist university which is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. Most of our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are accredited by the University of Birmingham,...
Why study at University College Birmingham
Why Choose Us?
Your choice of college or university will play an important part in shaping your career and fulfilling your ambitions.
It’s crucial you pick a place that feels right for you – and where you will be happy. It needs to be a university that will help you achieve your goals; a place you can trust.
So why choose University College Birmingham? Where shall we begin…?
The first thing you need to know is that UCB is a compact, specialist institution in the heart of England’s biggest regional city. Birmingham has the buzz of a major city without the inflated London price tag.
The University is big on vocational courses – the majority of which are accredited by the University of Birmingham – and big on linking academic theory to modern workplace skills. It’s also big on you. Our size and teaching philosophy means the focus is on each individual student. At University College Birmingham, you will never be a face in the crowd.
Want to know more about Cabin Crew and Airport Operations Level 2? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!