About this program
Tourism, Aviation, Events and Hospitality Level 3
Do you love travel, events or hospitality? Looking for a career that isn’t your average 9-to-5? Our BTEC Level 3 Tourism, Aviation, Events and Hospitality course will introduce you to these dynamic international sectors, putting you in a great position to move into employment or higher education study related to these areas.
From tour operators and airlines to hotels and tourist attractions, there are a wide variety of businesses seeking to recruit new talent in the tourism, hospitality and events industries. Our Level 3 course covers a range of subjects, from UK and long-haul destinations to hospitality and events operations and airports, giving you the background to explore a range of work and further study options related to these fields after you finish.
- Normally, you will require a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above (including maths or English), or a BTEC Level 2 Diploma.
- Alternatively, you will require at least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- School applicants will be required to provide a good school report, which must include attendance.
- You should be committed, enthusiastic and have a desire to succeed in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- The World of Travel and Tourism
- Global Destinations
- Managing the Customer Experience in Travel and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Enterprises
- Visitor Attractions
- Events, Conferences and Exhibitions
- Principles of Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Researching Current Travel Trends and Key Issues in Travel and Tourism
- Managing Accommodation Services
- The UK as a Tourist Destination
- The Airport Experience
- Sustainable Tourism
Teaching and assessment
You will mainly be assessed through coursework assignments and projects as well as some end of unit exams. Some assessments may involve industry-related visits – previous visits have included London, Oxford, York and Cardiff.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Course Duration :2 years full-time
- Course Start : September (2021)
Course fee for the course NCFE Extended Diploma - £6602
You will also undertake practical work supported by outstanding simulation facilities in our Aviation and Tourism Suite on campus.
You will enrol on the Introductory Diploma (equivalent to 1.5 A-levels) in year 1 before progressing onto the Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A-levels) in year 2.
The example roles and salaries below are intended as a guide only.
- Tourist information centre assistant - Average Salary: £24,500
- Travel agent - Average Salary: £27,000
- Cabin crew - Average Salary: £21,750
- Airline customer service agent - Average Salary: £26,500
Message the school
About this institute
University College of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s second-biggest city, University College Birmingham is a specialist university which is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training. Most of our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are accredited by the University of Birmingham,...
Why study at University College Birmingham
Why Choose Us?
Your choice of college or university will play an important part in shaping your career and fulfilling your ambitions.
It’s crucial you pick a place that feels right for you – and where you will be happy. It needs to be a university that will help you achieve your goals; a place you can trust.
So why choose University College Birmingham? Where shall we begin…?
The first thing you need to know is that UCB is a compact, specialist institution in the heart of England’s biggest regional city. Birmingham has the buzz of a major city without the inflated London price tag.
The University is big on vocational courses – the majority of which are accredited by the University of Birmingham – and big on linking academic theory to modern workplace skills. It’s also big on you. Our size and teaching philosophy means the focus is on each individual student. At University College Birmingham, you will never be a face in the crowd.
Want to know more about Tourism, Aviation, Events and Hospitality Level 3? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!