Lead wine brands’ international success
Wine is that rarest of commodities: a pleasurable indulgence so loved that countless people around the world consider it a near essential part of life. It’s also very big business; by 2023, it’s estimated the global wine market will be worth over US$423 billion.
Wineries and other organisations wishing to grow their share of that market seek business leaders with deep and broad insight into the industry’s unique characteristics. Our Master of Business Administration (Wine Business) can be entered immediately upon completing any bachelor degree and puts you squarely in their sights.
What will you do?
The Adelaide MBA (Wine Business) is part of the Adelaide MBA suite and can be completed over two years. The degree will equip you with:
- a deep understanding of the global wine industry’s unique commercial environment—from historical and cultural influences, to import–export regulations and consumer preference drivers
- a thorough working knowledge of viticultural and winemaking principles
- highly advanced strategic thinking skills—the ability to see the bigger commercial and societal picture and make decisions with a truly global outlook
- high-level problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking and self-reflection skills
- a firm grasp of the principles of adaptive leadership, systems thinking, organisational behaviour, change management and social enterprise
- outstanding management capabilities in critical business functions, including finance, accounting, economics and marketing.
- build extensive industry and professional relationships and networks
- receive invaluable ongoing industry mentoring from high-profile Adelaide MBA alumni
- have the opportunity to undertake international exchanges at world-leading European business schools.
Where could it take you?
The Adelaide MBA (Wine Business) will prepare you to move rapidly into senior management and leadership roles within the wine sector. You could oversee a winery’s development and launch of new varietals; tailor a label’s export strategies for different international markets; or lead government initiatives to boost industry competitiveness.
Note: Intakes occur throughout the year, in January, May and September, with summer school options in January.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
The University of Adelaide is a world-class institution centred on: discovering new knowledge pursuing innovation preparing the educated leaders of tomorrow who are independent, creative thinkers with an international perspective. Since its establishment in 1874, studying at the University of...
Be the first to write a review!