BSc in Tourism and CateringUniversity of Pécs
BSc in Tourism and Catering
All available course dates
BSc in Tourism and Catering
Since tourism is one of the greatest players of international commerce, represents 7% of the world’s exports in goods and services or contributes 10% to the global GDP or to global employment, it is definitely worth study and later on being occupied in this dynamically growing branch wherever you come from or wherever you would like to work later. When you finish your studies you will be an Economist in Tourism and Catering.
- High school / secondary education (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Quantitative methods
- Information Systems
- Probability and Statistics
- Introduction to Social Sciences
- Business Statistics
- Organisational Behaviour
- Banking and Finance
- Tourism Geography
- Environmental Economics
- System of Tourism
- Foundation Marketing
- Foundations of Digital Marketing
- Health Tourism
- Place marketing
- Fast and Slow Tourism Products
- Tourism Enterprises
- Marketing Calculations
- Case Studies in Tourism Marketing
- Tour Operation and Event
- Hospitality and Cultural Behavior
- Lodging and Hotel Management
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 3,000 per semester
At the end of the program, you will:
- understand the basic processes of the system of tourism and you will be able to be part of its professional operation;
- have the knowledge of the peculiar characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and their management;
- have practical and theoretical knowledge on the development of the different tourism products and the development and management of destinations;
- be able to reveal and analyze the factors influencing the tourism demand, create an attractive and experience based supply, organize, and fulfil the related services activities
With the acquired economic, business, social sciences, applied methodology and tourism and catering specialized knowledge you will be able to manage the tasks and challenges and the related workflows in a wide range of activities related to tourism and catering. You will be able to reveal and analyze the factors influencing the tourism demand, create an attractive and experience-based supply and organise and fulfil the related services activities.
Possible professions and jobs:
- tourism (destination, product) manager (both in private and public spheres companies, local governments, state governing bodies)
- tourism planner, researcher, regional development expert
- hotel or restaurant manager
- hotel receptionist
- travel agent, travel organiser
- conference and event organiser
- tourism sales manager
Our student Huynh Ngoc Xuanthi speaks about the Tourism and Catering bachelor programme
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about BSc in Tourism and Catering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!