International Tourism and Hospitality ManagementUniversity of Sunderland
About this program
International Tourism and Hospitality Management
Explore the world with this management-focused Tourism and Hospitality degree and graduate into a fast-paced, exciting industry.
With close links to employers, this course focuses on the connection between theory and practice to give you a well-rounded education with real-world applications.
You'll study courses like 'Fundamentals of Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality' to learn about the ideas that make a company successful.
Plus, you'll go on field trips, visiting regional events and tourist attractions, visit companies and get a practical understanding of the industry. In the past, we've gone to Barcelona, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, the World Travel Market and the Crowne Plaza, to name a few. You'll get a full list of field visits at the start of the course.
To study this course you need:
112 points from a minimum of two A-Levels.
You should also have:
Three passes at GCSE grade C or above (including Mathematics and English Language) or
If you have studied for a new GCSE that awards numerical grades, you need grade 4 or above
Equivalent qualifications including Level 2 Key Skills in Communications and Application of Number
If English is not your first language you should have at least one of the following qualifications (or equivalent) as a minimum
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Generally, the course requirements will be a minimum score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
- Global Tourism
- Impacts of Festivals and Events
- Marketing and Business for the Service Sector
- Study Skills for the Service Sector
- Tourism and Heritage Management
- Consultancy for the Visitor Economy
- Current Issues for Tourism and Hospitality
- Exploring Human Resource Management for the Service Sector
- Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions
- Research Methods for the Service Sector
- Tourism Fieldwork 2
- Digital Technology and the Visitor Economy
- International Hospitality Management
- Professional Development for the Service Sector
- Service Quality
- Strategic Planning for Tourism and Leisure
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, Please visit university website for more information.
The full-time annual fee for this course is:
- £9,250 if you are from theUK/Europe*
- £12,500 if you are an international student
This course gives you the knowledge you need for an exciting and successful career in a fast-paced, global industry with lots of job options. With close links to major industry experts, you'll learn using a mix of theory and practice that gives you the skills employers are looking for.
About this institute
University of Sunderland
We’re known as the friendly University – we welcome students from all corners of the globe and have a number of events and activities to help you make new friends and settle in. Our Students’ Union offers a buddies scheme and...
University of Sunderland
Be the first to write a review!