Graduate Certificate in Tourism, Environmental and Cultural HeritageUniversity of Tasmania
About this program
Graduate Certificate in Tourism, Environmental and Cultural Heritage
This immersive degree offers a unique learning experience, where you’ll gain real-world understanding of contemporary issues in tourism, an understanding of managing tourism in sites of environmental and cultural value and acquire skills to envisage and grow tourism enterprises.
The University will utilise its strong industry connections and enable experiential learning opportunities to ensure your learning and work readiness is maximised. Learn through experience, including on-site learning, industry encounters, and critical reflections on your own tourist experiences.
Tasmania will be used as a living laboratory for this course; the 7 UNESCO World Heritage listed properties within the island state, plus signature Tasmanian businesses such as Mona will be used as case studies for learning.
You will also develop skills to manage the opportunities, complexity and sensitivities that arise when culture, environmental values and creativity intersect with business development and be equipped with entrepreneurial and leadership tools, frameworks and an attitude to work in a fast changing and competitive industry, disrupted constantly by technology and an ever-changing market.
Admission to the Graduate Certificate in Tourism, Environmental and Cultural Heritage requires a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in any discipline.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Global Issues in Tourism
- Critical and Contested Issues in Cultural Heritage
- The Sharing Economy and Disruptive Innovations
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Foundations of Marketing
- Multiplatform Storytelling
- Media Writing
- Media Relations
- Understanding the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Tourism Industry Internship
- Tourism Research Project
- Research Thesis
- Tourism Venture Creation
- Tourism Internship Project
- Protected Area Planning and Management Systems
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Identify and analyse the impact of one or more key developments in contemporary tourism and cultural heritage theory on the tourism and cultural heritage industries.
- Evaluate the application of sustainable tourism principles to the tourism and cultural heritage industries.
- Synthesise knowledge of theory and practice to design effective approaches to either contemporary cultural heritage management, or entrepreneurial tourism communication.
- Research and assess one, or more, contemporary tourism innovation and its application to the tourism and cultural heritage industry
- Communicate effectively to present aspects of your work in an appropriate manner to a wide range of tourism and cultural heritage stakeholders
About this institute
University of Tasmania
Our story began 130 years ago, in a sandstone building overlooking Hobart. Since those early days, with three lecturers teaching eleven students, our purpose has remained the same. Through academic excellence, we make our home, and the world, a better...
University of Tasmania
Be the first to write a review!