Bachelor of Hotel Management - Specialisation Culinary Art
You are a professional who is perfectly at home in the fascinating world of the restaurant business. Our program offers a firm base of classes in management, ICT, communication and teamwork. On top of that, you will get specific practical and theoretical courses that will lead to a bright future as a chef in a renowned restaurant.
If you have a passion for restaurants and cooking, the Culinary Arts-specialisation of the Bachelor in Hotel Management is something right up your alley. If you don’t have a degree in cooking, we organise a summer school, to prepare you for all practical kitchen courses. All practical courses take place in the former Michelin 3-star restaurant De Karmeliet, in the centre of the historical city of Bruges. Led by Geert Van Hecke, the renowned chef of De Karmeliet, you will get high level kitchen courses, given by lecturers of Hotelschool Ter Duinen.
Direct contact with people in the field is an essential part of the bachelor program. In the first and second year of the program, you will run restaurant De Karmeliet for several months. You will cook for external guests and manage the restaurant on a high level. In your third year, you will do an 18 weeks traineeship in an internationally renowned gourmet restaurant.
English-language bachelor program
Students with a Flemish diploma
For students with a Flemish diploma, the admission requirements for a Dutch-language bachelor program apply.
Students with a non-Flemish diploma
For EEA (European Economic Area) and non-EEA students, the equivalence of the obtained diploma will be first checked by our Admissions Office. Candidate-students with a non-Flemish diploma who want to study at VIVES, will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A copy of your identity card or (international) passport.
- A copy of your legalised diploma's.
- An official translation of your diploma's in Dutch, English, French or German, if the original diploma is not issued in one of these languages.
The Admissions Office requires one of these certificates as proof of English Level B2 (both written and spoken) proficiency:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) min. 6.0
- Duolingo English Test min. 105
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT (institution code: C314) min. 79
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) CBT (institution code: C314) min 213
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT (institution code: C314) min. 550
- Test of English for International Communication (TOIC) Listening 490 + Reading 455 + Speaking 200 + Writing 200
- ACT English 20 + Reading 20
- SAT Reasoning Test Critical Reading 500 + Writing 500
- C1 Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English, CAE) Grade A, B or C
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English, CPE) Grade A, B or C
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Program year 1 - Basics
- Run the restaurant 1
- History, fundamentals and future
- Technics & Materials
- Practise French cuisine
- Belgian cuisine
- Workshops, Visits, Guest lecturers, WSET level 1
Program year 2 - Advanced
- Run the restaurant
- F&B operations
- Food microbiology and hygiene
- Company visits, WSET level 2
Program year 3 - Star Level
- Food Proces Engineering
- Culinary Research & Development
- Star Cuisine (Run the restaurant 3)
Scholarships & funding
There are currently no scholarships available for international or European students.
- Belgian and EEA students: €938,80
- Non-EEA students: €4.900,00 euros
Further training programs available for those with a Hotel Management-degree:
- Master in Tourism
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Management and Organisation
- Master in Communication
- Bachelor Program in Event Management,
- Tourism and Recreation Management
With this diploma you are guaranteed to find a nice job. Sectors such as Restaurant & Catering, Gastronomy Consultancy, the Food Industry, Hospitality and Tourism are among the possibilities.
A selection of the possible positions: Chef, Director of Food & Beverage, Restaurant & Catering Manager, Gastronomy Consultant, Events and Gastronomic Activities Manager, Food Sector Research and Innovation Manager, Food Quality and Safety Officer, Culinary Operations and Project Manager, General Manager, Starred Chef, ...
With the necessary dedication and talent, top management is certainly one of the possibilities. Possibility to build your own business, whether or not in the hospitality Industry.
Numerous other sectors also appreciate the know-how of our graduates.
About this institute
VIVES University of Applied Sciences
Why come to Belgium and to VIVES? The real question is — why wouldn’t you? Belgium doesn’t only offer an enjoyment of good chocolate, beer, waffles and many more of our national delicacies but also a rich and complex history....
Want to know more about Bachelor of Hotel Management - Specialisation Culinary Art? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!