About this program
Bachelor of Hotel Management - Specialisation Hospitality Management
As a Bachelor of Hotel Management, you are a professional who is perfectly at home in the fascinating world of hospitality. The Hospitality Management specialisation offers a high level of professional knowledge and skills, three or four foreign languages, a strong economic foundation, good ICT skills, the ability to work in a team, presentation skills and international experience.
These competencies are also highly appreciated in many other industries and will offer you the opportunity to continue your studies and obtain a Master’s Degree or an additional Bachelor’s Degree. Hospitality Management students are dynamic and interested in frequent social contacts, challenges and creative teamwork. A prior qualification from a catering school is not required. There is more to learning than studying alone. If you want, you can join SorHoMa, the student club for Hotel Management. The student club organises all kinds of activities for the students in the program and a colloquium with keynote speakers from the hospitality sector.
The program is highly focused on practical experience. This is illustrated by the many projects, industry contacts and internships. During the ‘Café CuiZien’ project, for example, you and a number of fellow students will develop your own catering business by engaging in teamwork and by combining your language and presentation skills and your creative, economic and hospitality competencies.
Direct contact with people in the field is an essential part of the course. In the first year, you will complete a one-week exploratory internship. In the second year, you will do a 6-week operational internship. The third year includes an 18-week management internship.
The course also pays a great deal of attention to the development of your international network. International contacts are essential for the hospitality managers of the future. In addition to a study trip and your international internship, you can also choose from a number of international projects as part of an international case.
English-language bachelor program
Students with a Flemish diploma
For students with a Flemish diploma, the admission requirements for a Dutch-language bachelor program apply.
Students with a non-Flemish diploma
For EEA (European Economic Area) and non-EEA students, the equivalence of the obtained diploma will be first checked by our Admissions Office. Candidate-students with a non-Flemish diploma who want to study at VIVES, will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A copy of your identity card or (international) passport.
- A copy of your legalised diploma's.
- An official translation of your diploma's in Dutch, English, French or German, if the original diploma is not issued in one of these languages.
The Admissions Office requires one of these certificates as proof of English Level B2 (both written and spoken) proficiency:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) min. 6.0
- Duolingo English Test min. 105
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT (institution code: C314) min. 79
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) CBT (institution code: C314) min 213
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT (institution code: C314) min. 550
- Test of English for International Communication (TOIC) Listening 490 + Reading 455 + Speaking 200 + Writing 200
- ACT English 20 + Reading 20
- SAT Reasoning Test Critical Reading 500 + Writing 500
- C1 Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English, CAE) Grade A, B or C
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English, CPE) Grade A, B or C
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Program year 1 - Basics
- Hotel Organisation
- Food & Beverage
- Introduction to wine
- Introduction to kitchen and restaurant practice
- Hospitality week and talent development
- A Taste of Belgium
- Language 3
Program year 2 - Advanced
- Operational internship
- Talent development
- Company visits
- Language 3
Program year 3 - Star Level
- Project trends in hospitality
- International communication
- Language 3
- Management internship
Elective Topic: Choose 1 of the 2
- Topic 1: Operational hospitality management (CLIL Dutch)
- Topic 2: Strategic hospitality management
Scholarships & funding
There are currently no scholarships available for international or European students.
- Belgian and EEA students: €938,80
- Non-EEA students: €4.900,00 euros
Further training programs available for those with a Hotel Management-degree:
- Master in Tourism
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Management and Organisation
- Master in Communication
- Bachelor Program in Event Management,
- Tourism and Recreation Management
Because there is a high demand for qualified personnel in the industry, the employment rate is 100%. More than half of our graduates work in the wider hotel, restaurant and hospitality supply-industries. You will also get key opportunities to progress to middle and top management.
Many of our graduates are now General Managers of luxury hotels or supervise several hotels with an excellent local and international reputation. You can also opt to build your own business in the hotel industry or in another sector. Our graduates’ versatility, language skills and social skills are also highly appreciated in other industries.
Message the school
About this institute
VIVES University of Applied Sciences
Why come to Belgium and to VIVES? The real question is — why wouldn’t you? Belgium doesn’t only offer an enjoyment of good chocolate, beer, waffles and many more of our national delicacies but also a rich and complex history....
Want to know more about Bachelor of Hotel Management - Specialisation Hospitality Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!