Higher National Diploma (HND) International Travel and Tourism ManagementWest Herts College
About this program
Higher National Diploma (HND) International Travel and Tourism Management
This newly designed HND has a global focus, and provides an in depth understanding of the travel and tourism industry. This qualification is the basis for students looking to pursue or advance their career in the travel and tourism sector, particularly a management career in specialisms ranging from visitor attractions to hospitality and resort management or marketing.
Different pathways include:
- International Travel and Tourism
- Destination Management
- Sustainable Management
HNDs provide nationally recognised qualifications that offer career progression, professional development, employment opportunities and further progression within Higher Education. The qualifications are made up of compulsory units and specialist units studied during the first year and second year.
32 UCAS points from an appropriate level 3 qualification, as well as a 3/D or above in GCSE English and maths. We welcome applications from international or mature students without the required formal qualifications.
For me information about admission requirements, Please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Subject areas providing an essential overview include:
- The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Professional Identity and Practice
- The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries (Pearson-set)
- Work Experience
- Managing Conference & Events
- Global Tourism Destinations
- Tourism Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Research Project (Pearson-set)
- Global Events
- Special Interest Tourism
- Tourist Resort Management
- Managing and Running a Small Business
You will also have the opportunity to study for your GCSE English and maths alongside your course. These give you entry to Honours degree programmes at university and are highly valued by employers.
Tuition fee: £6,165 per year
Educational Aims of the Program
- The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Computing (Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking) offers students an introduction to the subject area via a mandatory core of learning, while allowing for the acquisition of skills and experience through the selection of optional units across a range of occupational themes at Level 4.
- This effectively builds underpinning core skills while preparing the student for subject specialisation at Level 5. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, independent and directed study, and workplace scenarios
Students successfully completing the HNC:
- Will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts and characteristics of travel and tourism. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility.
- They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies. They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to travel and tourism, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
You may be able to continue your studies to gain an Honours degree in a related subject or start work in the industry.
This qualification will prepare you for any of the following job roles:
- Marketing and Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Tourism Development Manager
- Visitor Attractions Manager
- Events Manager
About this institute
Our vision is to play a leading role in transforming the lives of local people, our communities and our shared economic prosperity. We’ll do this by working in partnership with employers to meet the needs of our community through innovation,...
Be the first to write a review!